PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

What a session

Moderator: Paul Arden

Michal Duzynski
Answers: 0

What a session

Post by Michal Duzynski »

:yeahhh:
Ciao, awesome action on a SL HT 5Comp. 2 day at lake Keepit with Jason Stratford in NSW Australia. Plenty strong fish.

Mike
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Re: What a session

Post by Paul Arden »

Very nice mate. It’s such a shame that they are invasive. Tim tells me that he’s eaten a few and he likes them!

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Graeme H

Post by Graeme H »

Awesome fish Mike. Well done.
FFi CCI
queenfish

Post by queenfish »

Awesome mike
How easy is to fish that lake without casting problems.
seeing your pics can't wait, 2 weeks feel like eternity.
Michal Duzynski

Cheers guys.
Dont worry Vince in 2 weeks they will grow bigger for you ha ha.
Anyway Vince- respect to you mate, for coping with that 7h drive. How many times you stop along the way?
queenfish

Post by queenfish »

None except for fuel.
I do the sydney one none stop as well.
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

Can I ask a few questions?

What are the rules now on releasing carp? Is it allowed or is it state by state basis?

I heard that they were going to introduce a virus but didn’t because someone realised that if the virus made its way to China it would be devastating. Is that true or nonsense?

I notice that you have a couple of fish there, Mike. Did you eat them? I’ve eaten a few carp in Hungary but I have to say I would rather have eaten a sock. :)

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
Michal Duzynski

Hi Paul
I do not know exact politics and rules behind the carp in Australia, so I am not sure about releasing a poison, or anything like that.
There was a discussion here about it before and Peter Morse described and explained the situation.
You cant release them, you cant take them home, you cant fillet them and take them home, because you could be occused that you want to release the eggs in different body of water uninfected by carp and tilapia.
You can cook the on the site- we did not.
There is houndreds thousands of them, and they are really concider a pest fish. Places like on the photo, we did not even bother casting...

Dry carcases of fish where like a carpet on the shore.

They doing thing called Carp and Tilapia Busting Days, where a lot of fishos( fly, bait, lure) trying to get out of the water as many as possible. I heard they took a 1000kg in one day- it will go for catfood, or something, BUT there is one fish swimming with belly full of eggs( 1.000.000) perhaps, and it is neverending story.

....I would wory more about water managment. I dont know Australain politics, rules ect ect, but what I,have seen was shocking. Look at the pict of the water level. The Dam was at 0.6% of its water capacity. I really felt like we are fishing on the moon. If it goes like this and keep drying out, the carp will extinct as the dam will. They need somthing like 6mm of rain in a day to feel it up.
Attachments
20200110_063332-800x533.jpg
IMG-20200109-WA0002-600x1067.jpg
Keepit MD 2048-13-800x450.jpg
Michal Duzynski

That is not ours, but for something like this you could get a medal here, if not defenetly few high fives.
We threw our to the bushes, and with this heat some spots at the dam smells like hell, because of the roten fish- but it is what it is- Aussie rules- not me to make changes.
We are having great fun with it as a sport fish and we think we are helping the enviroment.
Some of them are chalenging to catch, we dont stay on the rocks and t-bag them with big hooks.

P.s
I would not mind taste one here to see if they are as mudy and socky in tast as the farm ones in Poland they use for Christmas.

Cheers
Mike
Attachments
FB_IMG_1578611699240.jpg
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

I’ve often wondered what the difference is between a successful introduction - trout, possibly salmon - is compared to an invasive species - snakehead, carp. Is it the sporty adipose fun or just that more people like to fish for them?

Here in Malaysia Peacock Bass are introduced to many mining ponds. They are in the river system I fish but two lakes below. Thankfully they are not in Belum-Temenggor yet. Hopefully no one puts them in... ever.

Incredibly low water levels - three years of droughts? Nice to see a roo studying your fish fighting abilities :D

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “Flyfishing”