PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Bonefishing Bonaire

Moderators: Sudesh Pursad, Morsie

ska1911
Answers: 0

Bonefishing Bonaire

Post by ska1911 »

Hi,
has anyone of you ever fished in bonaire? i am planning a bonefishing trip for November/Dezember there, unfortunately a good online source diyflyfishing.com seems to be down. Information on good spots seems relatively sparse in the net. i know that there is a big flat in the south of the island but heard that it is illegal to fish there, has anyone current information on that? Would really appreciate any help!
Cheers Stefan
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Re: Bonefishing Bonaire

Post by Paul Arden »

Nope had to google it :) Looks lovely!
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Limpe Iven

Post by Limpe Iven »

back from Bonaire a several weeks now.
The south to wich you refer is a closed area, it belongs to the company who extract salt there, in combination with the nature preservers,acces is not allowed (not sure why there are advertisements from guides there because it is strictly forbidden,as i understood) there are frequent controls and you will be send away.
the coastal area is rough, not very much areas which are good to fish, there is a place where the windsurfers play, fish are very very spooky there, you'd have to be able to see them at least 30 feet away and fish with a very long leader in order not to spook them.

14 years ago is was there, when the ares in the south wasn't bespoken so much, fishing was extremely good back then, unfortunately thats in the past now..
Limpe Iven

Post by Limpe Iven »

As taken mid october..

Return to “Saltwater”