PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Costa Rica

Moderators: Sudesh Pursad, Morsie

Tom Benson
Answers: 0

Costa Rica

Post by Tom Benson »

Folks.......
any information regarding Salt / freshwater , fishing in this ; wonderland
Tom
sms

Re: Costa Rica

Post by sms »

I’ve been in Playa Garza and Zancudo. Neither of the guides are operating anymore thou. What are you after? Inshore stuff or bluewater?

I have to say I love Zancudo. Almost got to a surface eating school of tuna or skipjack with a SOT kayak. Did catch my first dorado (mahi, dolphin) from it. Next day went out with a super panga (CC really) with a great Capt from Texas. No target species (tuna) in sight so we trolled teasers. Caught one sail. Broke 167lb bite tippet with a ~450lb blue marlin. Caught a triple tail for supper. There’s also roosters, but what I did not know to go after were the Jack Crevalles that hang around near the tip of Zancudo. Loved the nature there and that it was not crowded (in 2009).
I'm here just for the chicks.

-Sakke
Tom Benson

Re: Costa Rica

Post by Tom Benson »

:upside: Sakke,
haven't decided yet on , either Pacific Coast or Carib Coast .... I know lots of folk who have visited both ; leaving me to explore the
possibilities further. Because of my interest in Wildlife & Conservation matters , might be better if I stay away from the Interior ?
Any further information ......
Tom

Return to “Saltwater”