PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Indicator Fly / Indicator with a hook

Moderator: Viking Lars

ACW
Answers: 0

Re: Indicator Fly / Indicator with a hook

Post by ACW »

Paul ,
just an idea for you use the eye of the indicator fly for tippey and main leader!
Some thing i do from time to time when grayling fishing ,
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

That’s a good one Andy. I’ve seen that before but never used it myself. How are you mate? Long time no heat!!
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
ACW
Answers: 0

Post by ACW »

Paul
as near as dammit 70 and suffering from the result of fiftyodd years of tobacco abuse ,i am pretty good .
Had the good fortune to spend 3 days on the spey just before it all got locked down.
The beat my son and I fished has long long pools that are perfect for simple cast and swing .with my COPD despite using shooting heads on a 14 footer as a replacement to the 16 foot 65/75 foot DH lines ,half way down any of the pools ACW needs a sit down .

Regular fishing ,until the lockdown is Walthamstowe ressers ,easy for me to acess tube then bus to the main gate.
Much to the amusment of some of the other regulars with their #7/8 rods and barstool bricks on strings,I am doing Ok with my HT4 a full floater and either wee dries or classic Cove style teams ,that rod is just a super peice of kit ,thanks !
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

Thanks mate that’s great to know. It’s a great outfit for subtle take detection and can throw nicely into the wind if required.

Great to hear from you. I was planning a trip back to Europe this summer but my thinking now is that this is probably going to be put on hold for a year. We shall see! We need to try to get a day’s fishing in together when I’m over.

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “Flytying”