PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Super glue and saltwater

Moderator: Viking Lars

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Re: Super glue and saltwater

Post by Paul Arden »

https://powermodo.com/is-super-glue-wat ... -find-out/

Zap-a-gap as far as I can see is highly water resistant. So there you go, I’ve learned something new today.

Out of curiosity how would you fix a pinhole in the bottom of a aluminium cooking pan? I’ve fixed it in a kettle before with a screw, and I thought about using a pop rivet but this is going to make it difficult to clean. Epoxy? Zap a gap? Solder?

Pleased you didn’t lose a finger, Lasse! Two of my close friends find it hard to count to seven.

Thanks,
Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Tangled
Answers: 0

Post by Tangled »

Paul Arden wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 6:45 am
Out of curiosity how would you fix a pinhole in the bottom of a aluminium cooking pan? I’ve fixed it in a kettle before with a screw, and I thought about using a pop rivet but this is going to make it difficult to clean. Epoxy? Zap a gap? Solder?
I'd fix it by buying another. If you've worn a hole in it the metal around it is going to be thin too. Otherwise this:

Lasse Karlsson
Answers: 0

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

Pleased you didn’t lose a finger, Lasse! Two of my close friends find it hard to count to seven.

Thanks,
Paul
Worked with those kind of Carpenters... and thanks ;)

Cheers
Lasse
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Flycasting, so simple that instructors need to make it complicated since 1685

Got a Q++ at casting school, wearing shorts ;)
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

Thanks Colin. I’ll have a check with the hardware shops after lockdown. We have shut down again for two weeks. Looks pretty easy and I have a blowtorch. I actually like repairing things; I think it gives them character!

I’ve been pretty lucky not to have any serious injuries Lasse. It just takes one unlucky or careless second. Peter for example is an amazing carpenter, fantastic eye and skills. And yet he has lost three fingers. Mind you the first one be lost as a child when he stuck his finger in a mincer. That wasn’t too smart!

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “Flytying”