PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Software That Shows A Trouts Visual Acuity

Moderator: Viking Lars

Phil31
Answers: 0

Software That Shows A Trouts Visual Acuity

Post by Phil31 »

Worked on this lately. Shows a fly tyer what/how a trout would see their fly. At the moment it's just a jumble of code but hoping to make it into something that all can use.

To use you upload a photo.

Specify The Size of object in photo

Specify Distance

Out comes a modified version of the photo as seen in the attachment.
Attachments
Trout Visual Acuity.png
Phil Connor

Based in Turangi NZ

On The Fly NZ
https://ontheflynz.com/
Viking Lars

Re: Software That Shows A Trouts Visual Acuity

Post by Viking Lars »

Very interesting! Is it internet-up-load based, computer software or a phone-app?

Lars
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

Basically it’s the reverse of a 50yr old man then! Are there significant differences between fish? My Gourami undoubtedly recognises me and that’s quite well documented. He also sends me subliminal messages when we wants me to catch him a sedge.

Looking forward to testing some flies in your program!

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Phil31

Post by Phil31 »

Viking Lars wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:14 pm Very interesting! Is it internet-up-load based, computer software or a phone-app?

Lars
It will hopefully be internet upload based at this point I think. Though if you have any particular flies you want me to test send them through, just make sure its a square photo with the head and tail as close to each end of the photo as possible and the length of the fly (in any measurement) and the distances you want simulated.
Phil Connor

Based in Turangi NZ

On The Fly NZ
Phil31

Post by Phil31 »

Paul Arden wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:57 pm Basically it’s the reverse of a 50yr old man then! Are there significant differences between fish? My Gourami undoubtedly recognises me and that’s quite well documented. He also sends me subliminal messages when we wants me to catch him a sedge.

Looking forward to testing some flies in your program!

Cheers, Paul
There are quite significant differences. If there are any studies done on Gourami visual acuity I would be able to simulate that view also.
Phil Connor

Based in Turangi NZ

On The Fly NZ
Viking Lars

Post by Viking Lars »

Though if you have any particular flies you want me to test send them through
Riiiighttt - it’s a trick to get us to send you flies. Quite a bit subtler than Paul used to be, though 😉.

But, jokes aside, it’s an interesting software and I look forward to trying it when you get it online.

Return to “Flytying”