PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Small Stream Fishing and Casting

Moderator: JanMan

LauraPalmer
Answers: 0

Post by LauraPalmer »

Hey guys!

In June my girlfriend and I went to Tirol/Austria for some camping, climbing and fishing in the mountains with our VW camping bus.
After the first day of filming, we were super tired and had quite a steep and dangerous ascent in front of us to get to a path - there would have been a long and easy way too...
Anyway, there was this last pool, camera equipment etc all packed up for the ascent:

"That was a rise, I´ll give it a shot"
"Should I take out the camera again?"
"Na, not worth it"

Well, my gf estimated it at 18", I at 17", so it was probably over 8". Actually a really big fish for that water...

After that we visited a friend in Innsbruck for a day and wanted to go climbing to the Zillertal. But the weatherforecast was bad so we decided to go home. We had to go through Bavaria. That day over 80 people got hurt there at a public event because of hail. It was a heavy thunderstorm, trees, stones and mud were on the streets. Most people did the right thing, they looked for shelter for their cars. We had such fun driving and listening to that song in permanent loop. I used it for the video. The VW didn´t have a scratch.

Enjoy the shit out of it :)

klick
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

Looks like fun! Sorry I missed this :)

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
LauraPalmer

Post by LauraPalmer »

well sexyloops isn´t exactly known to be a video-aficionado site anyways, but thanks! :)
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

It might be interesting to put a voice over the top instead of rock music, talking about the fascination of small streams and the micro-world sort of thing. Also you can embed YouTube videos on the Board! Still on the other hand I haven't figured it it yet either; it seems to me that 10 seconds is much more watched than 5 minutes. We're actually experimenting with this at the moment!

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
LauraPalmer

Post by LauraPalmer »

I tried embedding for a bit, but it didn´t really work out...

I know voice over, slow motion and close ups of people lacing their wading boots with dramatic/epic music are the shit in fly fishing movies - I really hate that. I want good frames of raw and pure fishing/casting, where you always see the cast and especially see the flyline, with good music, but without trying to make it look like it´s something extreme or anything, because it simply isn't...
Watch a few of my other fishing/casting vids on my channel and you'll get my take on the whole thing (have two finished vids waiting to be released in my drawer too). And/or pay me a stay in Malaysia and I make a classy vid of you, that's worthy of someone having his own rod company! :p
LauraPalmer

Post by LauraPalmer »

totally agree on the 10s vs 5 min bit tho, especially on facebook or instgram, but I don´t get any money out of it, so I rather cut them as I personally like it. (I got hired from a ff company to shoot an image film for their homepage for some good money this spring/summer, in which case I'll cut it however they want it :D )
LauraPalmer

Post by LauraPalmer »

Same, same but different! Here is another small stream video from me. Enjoy! :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08zIX7N_19U[/youtube]
Graeme H

Post by Graeme H »

Nice work. Love the lighting and atmosphere.

Cheers,
Graeme
FFi CCI
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

Nice - I enjoyed that :) :)

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “Photography”