PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Filming in the jungle

Moderator: JanMan

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Filming in the jungle

Post by Paul Arden »

Hi guys,

I'd like to start filming fishing again and - I don't know if it's possible - but I'd love to do a year in the jungle on a month by month basis. We shall see.

Anyway what would be a good tool for the job? I suppose it should be waterproof. Or at least if it's not then I need two tools because it's wet!

Thanks, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
t.z.
Answers: 0

Filming in the jungle

Post by t.z. »

the new go pro hero5 is waterproof they say ... however, maybe the go pro session does the job already
peterbear

Filming in the jungle

Post by peterbear »

I've got a Olympus TG-Tracker.waterproof,and all the rest,it has 5axis stabilisation image on video which Olympus pioneered.plus they made it to fit GoPro fittings.
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Filming in the jungle

Post by Paul Arden »

Thanks I didn't know this one, Peter. Might be better for me. I killed my go pro earlier this year. Always liked the Olympus cameras. I'll have a look in the morning.

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
Viking Lars

Filming in the jungle

Post by Viking Lars »

Why not "just" use a GoPro or two? Like most others, I'm tired of the bent horizions and warped rods, but for "selfie-movies" I don't think you can beat the GoPro. It mounts so easily everywhere (last time out, I had mine taped to the frame of my pontoon boat with duct tape), and they film for a long time on a battery, and with a bog datacard, you won't run out of space before battery.

They charge off any USB-port and take up minimal space and weight even less, so to speak.

To compensate for the standard "bent-horizon-and-warped-rod"-movies, I have begun using two GoPros. I have an old one mounted on the pontoon boat if I'm on that )on the line tray if I'm wading) and a newer one to my shoulder, chest or cap - depending on mood etc. I've yet to make a movie from this setup, but just being able to change viewpoints in some cuts will help greatly I think.

Lars
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Filming in the jungle

Post by Paul Arden »

I think they are more fixated on advertising through skateboarding, ski jumping etc. Actually I need something that can shoot really good docunentaries.

Flycasting Definitions
Viking Lars

Filming in the jungle

Post by Viking Lars »

Are you saying you need a recommendation based on who will sponsor a weird, bald, bearded hermit living on a boat in a jungle? :-).

In that case, I would in fact say that GoPro is your best bet :-). Most other camera-brands are targeted towards middleaged, bored men with too little time and a bit too much money.

Lars
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Filming in the jungle

Post by Paul Arden »

Ha ha, Ok I'll write to them too!

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “Photography”