PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Any fellow Pro photographers/ sound engineers?

Moderator: JanMan

nicholasfmoore
Answers: 0

Any fellow Pro photographers/ sound engineers?

Post by nicholasfmoore »

Hi all,

I was wondering if there were any fellow Pro togs or sound engineers on here? Would be interesting to know!

Incidentally, if there isn't, I'd be more than happy to answer anyone's questions. :pirate:

All the best!

Nick
Nick M

"Memento Piscantur Saepe" :upside:
Graeme H

Re: Any fellow Pro photographers/ sound engineers?

Post by Graeme H »

I was a pro landscape photographer for a while but I’ve closed that business now.

Cheers, Graeme
FFi CCI
nicholasfmoore

Post by nicholasfmoore »

Interesting to know, Graeme! Do you photograph people casting now, or have you come out of photography?

All the best

Nick
Nick M

Viking Lars

Post by Viking Lars »

I suppose you could say I'm 1/4 pro photographer as I'm in charge of all photography going out of the house at the museum I work for.

Lars
Graeme H

Post by Graeme H »

nicholasfmoore wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:31 pm Interesting to know, Graeme! Do you photograph people casting now, or have you come out of photography?

All the best

Nick
Pretty much gave it up completely when we closed the business. Skills are still there but I have no outlet to use them now.

Cheers, Graeme
FFi CCI
Mangrove Cuckoo

Post by Mangrove Cuckoo »

Pro?

Hardly!

But I am an interested novice and would love to absorb as much as I can from any wisdom y'all are willing to share on these subjects!

I have just recently begun to experiment with a polarizing filter on my waterproof camera, so that lets you know just how much of a novice I am.

As to recording, I am even more clueless... but I recently purchased a portable recorder, a hydrophone, and some other bits with the intent of recording the underwater ambiance of the Everglades mangroves.

Paddling about in a canoe, over and through the different areas, the canoe acts as a sound collector and hints at a very strange and interesting world below. There are lots of underwater recordings to be found online but none from this area - at least from what I have found.
With appreciation and apologies to Ray Charles…

“If it wasn’t for AI, we wouldn’t have no I at all.”
nicholasfmoore

Post by nicholasfmoore »

Very interesting stuff, everyone!
Nick M

t.z.

Post by t.z. »

Hi Nick,

Interesting question:) where are you based?

I take pictures, yes. Sometimes i get paid for it even. I do not know why because I hardly know what I do ;)

Sound System Design I know a tad bit more about - my other job paying for the fishing and camera gear I buy whenever Lars tells me “you need this” - my “other” website - www.rationalacoustics.no

Cheers,
TZ
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

Can you make and edit movies, Nick? I have an idea for a fly fishing film that I would like to do professionally. In fact I want to do two films, one long and one short. I plan to do this next year.

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Viking Lars

Post by Viking Lars »

Jeeez, T.Z - don't blame me... If you did what I told you, you'd have Nikon :-).

L

Return to “Photography”