PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Vosseler or Danielsson

Moderators: Viking Lars, Magnus

daniel
Answers: 0

Vosseler or Danielsson

Post by daniel »

Any thoughts on Vosseler or Danielsson reels. I suppose the natural comparisons would be the DC2 v the F3W for reels with drag, and the AIR one v the Danielsson original for click pawl type reels. I particularly like the fancy colours of the AIR one. I'm pretty confident this will catch me more fish over time :D

I own Danielsson DC3's from a good while back and have been very pleased with their durability. Apart from the wooden reel handle which swells and cracks (especially if dropped :blush: )

Any other manufacturers II should be including in this price range?

Cheers
Dan
crunch

Vosseler or Danielsson

Post by crunch »

Danielsson is great for shooting head use because I can put the spool to even hot water to treat Nylon shooting line when it does not have any brake and bearing components. Danielssons also have full cages which makes them stiff and keep thin shooting line inside better.

Esa
daniel

Vosseler or Danielsson

Post by daniel »

daniel wrote:I own Danielsson DC3's
Meant Vosseler haha
andrewparkeruk

Vosseler or Danielsson

Post by andrewparkeruk »

I have a couple of older Loop Danielsson Evotec reels: LW 4seven and LW 6nine. They are excellent, robust reels: although heavy when compared with similar era Waterworks ULA F2 and F3.

I agree with you Dan that with the Vossler AIR-One, or the Vossler Tryst, you will definitely catch more fish :)

Andrew
sms

Vosseler or Danielsson

Post by sms »

The newer series reels (f3w, l5w and h5d) from Danielsson are great. Much more drag than on the old ones (fw, lw and hd). And I think the newer ones are slightly lighter too.

If much drag is needed, Vosseler is a good reel.

I have and old DC4, which is a nice trout reel, but after first chum salmon fights I swapped to Danielsson as I would have needed a wrench to get enough drag from the DC4. With l5w series reel, the drag was no issue.

From technical value for money point of view Danielsson beats pretty much all other reels out there. I just wish they would copy the dimensions from Nautilus ccf-x2 or Ross Evolution R salt series and it would be near perfect (I hate wide reels).
I'm here just for the chicks.

-Sakke

Return to “Tackle”