PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Fly Line Database

Moderators: Viking Lars, Magnus

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Re: Fly Line Database

Post by Paul Arden »

You went fishing in a boat and only took one fly line? No back up rod either? How many flies did you bring? :D
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
sms
Answers: 0

Post by sms »

Lasse Karlsson wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:00 am
sms wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:43 pm Ha,

Just take the other ready set and keep fishing. And when you have time (bench turn), rig a new line. When back home, make new front taper to the line.

Well, the kicker is you only have the one line, otherwise its a daft question isn't it 😉 just call the line company and have them airdrop a new line is also an option 😂

Cheers
Lasse
That wasn't defined that it is the only line. And building a front taper from leader material is same thing, why would you have leader material if you don't have anything else as spares?

And honestly, what do you do if prop destroys your full front taper? Curse of course! And then I'd open a beer. It's always past midday/5pm somewhere - so beer o'clock!
I'm here just for the chicks.

-Sakke
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

He probably forgot the beer.

Flycasting Definitions
sms

Post by sms »

Really? Nooo!!!! The result would be extended cursing.

NOBODY FORGETS BEER.
It would be a mortal sin.

-Sakke
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

I’m actually surprised the outboard started.

Flycasting Definitions
Lasse Karlsson

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

Paul Arden wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:56 pm I’m actually surprised the outboard started.
IT was Bruces, of course it started :cool: will never forget that he told me to make sure you got some oil on your truck, remember the one that broke down when you where taking me to the airport 🤣🤣🤣

Sakari, there where bananas on the boat....

Cheers
Lasse
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Flycasting, so simple that instructors need to make it complicated since 1685

Got a Q++ at casting school, wearing shorts ;)
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

That whole banana thing is pure nonsense. It’s no different to Hantu Tetek (Tit Ghost) running around the Malaysian Jungle suffocating boys while they sleep.

And yes, I also remember that the only tool I had was a leatherman and that we fixed it (it was only a blown radiator hose)! The amazing thing is that it happened twice on the same airport runs. I think yours was the second time.

That bloody truck - I was leaving Walmart in Lethbrisge at the very beginning of a 4.500km drive to Halifax when the transfer case jammed - I’d literally just said goodbye 3 seconds before. Fortunately Al Briice helped me remove and fit a new one in the parking lot, in the rain, over two days. Fuck that was a mission. In fact it was really me helping Al and I still own him a few days guiding for that :) Gets all the way to Nova Scotia to fish with Dead Caddis Dave and the fucking gearbox packs up. It’s still waiting to be fixed - assuming it hasn’t been crushed already :D

And that was one of my better trucks :cool:

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
Torsten

Post by Torsten »

Sorry to write something on-topic :)

Sakari:
For soft (compressible) items micrometers are horrible. Do not get a micrometer to measure fly lines. The best is a (digital) caliper that is used so that the line is parallel to the jaws.
You're of course right; actually I have a digital caliper - but I've seen on eBay some with a Bluetooth interface - so the idea is pretty good - with that it should be easy to measure the full taper fast. I need also something to measure mono; maybe I'll go for a thickness gauge too.
Do we need a high absolute precision or rather just an impression of the taper (because weight is more relevant?)
gordonjudd

Post by gordonjudd »

but I've seen on eBay some with a Bluetooth interface - so the idea is pretty good - with that it should be easy to measure the full taper fast. I need also something to measure mono
Thosten,
Is this the Bluetooth caliper you were talking about?
Since this has a resolution of .001mm it would seem to well suited to measuring mono as well.

Are you aware of any apps that would automate the Bluetooth feature?

Sakai,
Is the round head on this caliper large enough to overcome the compressibility problem?

Thanks to you both. This would be a toy worth having.
Gordy
sms

Post by sms »

All micros are bad - way too easy to get too much comptession force.

For quick measurement this kind of gauge with digital interface would work
https://shop.vogel-germany.de/measuring ... anguage=en

-Sakke

Return to “Tackle”