PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Wading boots by shoe companies

Moderators: Viking Lars, Magnus

sms
Answers: 0

Re: Wading boots by shoe companies

Post by sms »

Scratching my head with sizing of the Canyon Guides.
Shoes of one manufacturer with 12UK, 13US and 46 EUR were too small. Guideline wading boot was correct at 11/44. And the top ones of these were right and bottom ones too tight (I went to an outdoor/sports shop with a wool sock and thick neoprene sock with me and tried largest sizes of boots):
23CE5BF3-3E73-4A16-B4AD-EC2FAE3E16AA.jpeg
23CE5BF3-3E73-4A16-B4AD-EC2FAE3E16AA.jpeg (71.18 KiB) Viewed 1806 times
Sizing seems to be all over the place in different tables, in different shoes etc. I tend to lean towards that the real EUR 46 is too small and 47 or 47,5 is the sweet spot. But what size is that in Bestard? This is like the maze of fly lines. Although there is a standard to which the mfgs just don’t want to abide to. Fortunately they tell often the facts and then you know which weight the line truly os and you can get the right weight.
I'm here just for the chicks.

-Sakke
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

I’m 10 1/2 UK and they fit fine with neoprene booties. They also have a cm chart. They say 45 1/2 EUR.
Size wise, the idea is that the canyoners will be able to use the same size they normally use in hiking boots, but there is an extra volume added for the use of a 3/5mm neoprene sock. I send you a document where you can see how to nproceed. the Canyon Guide uses the EUROPE in terms of length, but is wider and has more volume. If you have very narrow feet, possibly a half-size smaller than normal would be an idea.. but watch out for the length!
I posted their chart earlier I think with mm sizing. If not I’ll work out how to do this :D

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

If you need a contact to talk direct then let me know!

Flycasting Definitions
sms

Post by sms »

Yeah, the size table is attached in this thread.
It would be quite easy if the Guide Canyon would be not made for fitting neoprene sock and I would know their EUR-sizing would be in line what I think is the correct sizing.

Your foot is 10,5 UK (do you think your foot is 45,5 EUR too?) so would you go with 10 or 10,5 UK with normal (thin) sock?

-Sakke
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

No I’m 10 1/2 hiking boots. Mendl. I don’t know what they are in EUR but I’ll check on Monday. In fact same with all my shoes. Running shoes etc.

Flycasting Definitions
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

If they don’t do 1/2 sizes I’m 11 and never 10.

Flycasting Definitions
sms

Post by sms »

Ok, Meindl sizing is:
https://meindl.de/service/sizes/?lang=en
If the Meindl and Bestard Canyon Guiden sizing goes truly hand in hand in UK sizing or of the size difference is known, then I can haul my ass back to the shop and check which size Meindls would be correct and then I know my correct Canyon Guide size.

So are your 10,5 Meindls the same size as the Canyon Guides or are the latter a half size bigger?

-Sakke
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

When I get home tomorrow I’ll take out the inserts and compare them. I’ll also get a tape measure. I’ll wear one on the right and the other on the left, swap them over and do a little dance :D

I do know it was recommended to order the same size as hiking boots and that worked. There may be a little more play in there but I think that’s the width. They are meant for wearing with neoprene booties. Which I do. However with Mendls I wear very thick socks.

Best will be to compare inner soles.

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

Now if instead of orange they were camo... just think how cool they would look :cool:

Flycasting Definitions
Carol

Post by Carol »

Looking at the Ladies' Canyon Guide, the color is not as bright but the color scheme is obnoxious. Wonder if sharpie ink would compromise them in some way. If it's safe, one can make custom camo, but with the orange boots, you'd have to cover up every inch of color. I suppose in canyoneering, one wants bright shoes in case you are a lost/injured person they are looking for.
Carol
Because it's painful getting flies out of spruce trees.

Return to “Tackle”