PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Flyline database?

Moderators: Viking Lars, Magnus

Mangrove Cuckoo
Answers: 0

Flyline database?

Post by Mangrove Cuckoo »

What happened to this idea?

I have some new lines that I will weigh on my balance... just for my own curiosity and will upload my findings.

BTW.... I was searching for some guidelines and came upon a website (Trident) that has measured many common lines and their data is well documented. And apparently public domain.
With appreciation and apologies to Ray Charles…

“If it wasn’t for AI, we wouldn’t have no I at all.”
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Re: Flyline database?

Post by Paul Arden »

I was thinking about this and the rods database recently. We can start this immediately. Just heading to town. I’ll post a link this afternoon and we can have a look at where we currently are.

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Carol

Post by Carol »

How about matching lines to rods? Some say that is a "thing." Of course, some of that comes down to personal preference and how one fishes.
Carol
Because it's painful getting flies out of spruce trees.
nicholasfmoore

Post by nicholasfmoore »

Hi Paul,

Do you think you could make a new heading for the Q/A section when everyone has agreed on an answer to some casual reader questions? Also a heading for the lines and rods would be great. Btw for the lines;

Thunderbolt #5 and #6 bang on weight

Ballistic #5 and #6 bang on weight

MED most bang on, but some slightly under!

By headings i mean under fly casting for example;

Fly casting

Fly casting - 2 handed

Casting sport

etc :cool:

All the best
Nick M

"Memento Piscantur Saepe" :upside:
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

You mean on the main site? Yes I have to organise the navigation. That’s what I’m hoping in part to achieve with the glossary. Navigation has always been a problem with Sexyloops but that’s also one of its charms :cool:

Lines to rods is a problem Carol, especially so when fly line companies don’t work to the standard. I actually have to recommend specific lines to many of our customers. At least knowing what the line really weighs should help!

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
nicholasfmoore

Post by nicholasfmoore »

You mean on the main site?
Yes mate, another heading under forums with approved answers to questions would be excellent. Would it be possible not to have a discussion on these approved answers, because as you know, things go off topic by accident and could confuse people :D

Sorry if that doesn't make sense!

All the best
Nick M

"Memento Piscantur Saepe" :upside:
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

It doesn’t matter if there is an off topic discussion I think because the important stuff will be at the top. I’ll make a page with all the approved answers and a glossary entry when the developers have built this platform.

I really think that a glossary is one answer to SL navigation. We have tens of thousands of pages and even I don’t know what we have here! :D

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “Tackle”