PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Cassette reels

Moderators: Viking Lars, Magnus

nicholasfmoore
Answers: 0

Cassette reels

Post by nicholasfmoore »

Hi All,

As you know, casting and fishing results in A LOT of lines, and there are often no places to store them! I don't want to spend £80 on a hardy perfect spool, whilst it is an excellent reel (i have 2), it takes quite a bit of time to change spools, and the locking screw can get lost on the bank :laugh:

I Was looking at the wychwood sla reel which doesn't look too bad, i have a hardy demon reel which is nice, the newer hardy ultralite ASR isn't great....

Any thoughts?

All the best!
Nick M

"Memento Piscantur Saepe" :upside:
James9118

Re: Cassette reels

Post by James9118 »

Hi Nick,

I've got a Wychwood Truefly reel (won in a casting comp), I use it to hold my many competetion fly lines. It's probably a little bulky for trout distance work (for me anyway) but for the other events it's fine. I also take it as a back up reel on my saltwater trips, but it has yet to be called into use.

Cheers, James
nicholasfmoore

Re: Cassette reels

Post by nicholasfmoore »

Hi James,

Thank you very much for this, i have ordered one. Looking forward to putting a load of lines on it. :cool:

All the best!
Nick M

"Memento Piscantur Saepe" :upside:

Return to “Tackle”