PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Reel seat issues

Moderators: Viking Lars, Magnus

Bendix
Answers: 0

Reel seat issues

Post by Bendix »

Hello All

I have a Scott Flex rod, that I quite like to use for my local river. With this rod, I like to use Lamson reels, among others. But the problem I have, is that the Lamson reels don’t fit properly in the rods real seat...

It seems, that the seats “spacer” is a bit too long, and when the reel is mounted, and the “screws” are tightened as much as possible, the reel can wobble a bit from side to side.

I have tried adding tape to the reel foot, which seems to do the trick, but I am not completely satisfied with this solution.

Does anyone here have any other tricks I can try, or should I just keep using the tape?

/Bendix
sms

Re: Reel seat issues

Post by sms »

Don’t tape the reel foot. Just raise the foot slightly by adding something between the spacer and the reel foot. I’ve used layered tape, piece of credit card and some other materials to shim the reel foot a bit off the spacer.
I'm here just for the chicks.

-Sakke
Bendix

Re: Reel seat issues

Post by Bendix »

Thanks

Using a piece of layered tape on top of the reel foot worked perfectly.

/Bendix

Return to “Tackle”