PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Flyline Database

Moderators: Viking Lars, Magnus

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Flyline Database

Post by Paul Arden »

We talked quite extensively about this in the past and populating this database
https://www.sexyloops.com/index.php/datatable/list/

Good page from Nick today https://www.sexyloops.com/index.php/ps/ ... 6-7or-an-8

Nick tested and found that level tip section and loops don’t affect the results. Neither does stretching. I also like the fact that multiple measurements were taken to find the average (schoolboy physics).

Gary talked about sending a test weight around for calibrating the balances. I don’t know how practical this is. I also talked bout sending test lines around for blind sampling.

How much info do we really want in these tables? I can see this database becoming massive. Maybe we should have multiple tables separated perhaps by sinking rates?

Is there someone on the FPs who can help update the tables? (I will also pull out the CCS data as promised!).

Thanks!
Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Lasse Karlsson
Answers: 0

Re: Flyline Database

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

Most countries have the weights of their coins stated somewhere. They work fine for checking your scale for accuracy, just get some newly minted ones.

Length, full and head, 30 feet weight, whole head weight including tapers, diameter of runninglines would be cool too, there's some shockers in there for the believers of BS crowd ...

Cheers
Lasse
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Flycasting, so simple that instructors need to make it complicated since 1685

Got a Q++ at casting school, wearing shorts ;)

Return to “Tackle”