PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

New Barrio GT90 II

Moderators: Viking Lars, Magnus

nicholasfmoore
Answers: 0

New Barrio GT90 II

Post by nicholasfmoore »

Hi All,

I hope everyone had a great Christmas!

Has anyone tried these yet? I've just ordered a #5 to throw down the tape.

All the best
Nick M

"Memento Piscantur Saepe" :upside:
Mangrove Cuckoo

Re: New Barrio GT90 II

Post by Mangrove Cuckoo »

I'm glad to hear that they are back in stock. I wanted a 8wt some time ago and they were unavailable. I'm also curious about the change to the new "II". The original GT90 looked to be an interesting option for fishing our winter season as "tropic" lines get too stiff.

As to how they cast, I can't speak to that about the 90, but I have always liked the 125. For fun and ego masturbation they can't be beat... especially for the price.
With appreciation and apologies to Ray Charles…

“If it wasn’t for AI, we wouldn’t have no I at all.”
andrewparkeruk

Post by andrewparkeruk »

The II is now manufactured by a USA manufacturer (I have been told Cortland) because the UK manufacturers have, in one case, temporarily: or in another case, permanent ceased production. I think the lines are still good value, but necessarily more expensive than they were
nicholasfmoore

Post by nicholasfmoore »

Thank you, both. I've got one, and i must say it's very nice indeed! Yes, it says Cortland on the spool, which is brilliant.

All the best

Nick
Nick M

"Memento Piscantur Saepe" :upside:

Return to “Tackle”