PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Beautyful Italy

Moderator: Haggisboy

Michal Duzynski
Answers: 0

Beautyful Italy

Post by Michal Duzynski »

Hi guys
Just found an old memory stick with some random fishing videos and photos from Italy.2012/2013
   I would like to share it with you as I love Italy, and this place is very special to me.
  Quality is not the best as I glued bits and pices, but the beautifull scenery and the surroundings are just breath taking.
  Enjoy the film.

On the other hand there is a reason I put this  in the MANSHIT SECTION, as Im slowly fedup with Australia. My wife is happy, so only online wingging left for me. So be patient and listen...

Back in Italy I target 98% trout, i got rods, lines, flies for it- Happy days. With the same gear I could hookup a greyling, or a chub. Then season is finished and we fish for pike.
4 main species- Im the happiest man.
Here in DOWNUNDER is so much of an immaginary saltwater flyfishing that is really upseting me!!!
100 rods, lines, species to fish for, and if you dont have a boat then you can keep dreaming of catching super pelagic on a fly, or you are a rich man that can afford $4000 a year for a fishing trip. Its still only 6days out of the year.
Good thing about it is, that after those 6days, and shitloads of species, all you think about is tying flies, practice casting and get ready for a next trip- well, unfortuneatly for me its not the case.

Im telling you if Im not going to catch a fish soon, I will stub somebody with the fucking rod but section (just sayin).

Even my distance casting here... No comps, no teaching, all my achivments, PB casts stays inside me. Nobody to share. Fuck this.
I really hope they wont extend my visa so I can go back to Italy ( where I belong), fish for trout and compeat within 2h flight from home.

All Im saying is- I dont want to be 70 and then start finaly fo fishing......My father did that and he missed a lot...

Look at Paul, he is very happy, because he doesnt fish for immaginary number of species.
Snakehead, Gurami, Jungle perch- thats it.

Ive learned  LESS IS MORE( in fishing and casting).

Sorry for my blood on your screen, but if not here- where else???

Have a great week.
Cheers
Mike

https://youtu.be/1EnqJ92taxY
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Beautyful Italy

Post by Paul Arden »

Yeah I think that part of the coast is a bit fished out. I remember spending 2 one month trips to Noosa and caught one trevally of a decent size. Australia has some amazing fishing however. Tassie is world-class, Darwin if you have a boat, Exmouth and others besides. Much better than anything in Europe I've fished apart from the top of Sweden. My sailing boat plan starts in Australia. Why don't you go to NZ SI for a few years? They don't have the casting but the fishing is good for a long period.

Cheers, Paul

Ps watching now :)
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Beautyful Italy

Post by Paul Arden »

Beautiful scenery mate. I can see why you miss it. I've only driven through the region.

Cheers Paul

Flycasting Definitions
Michal Duzynski

Beautyful Italy

It's Friuli region and its really awsome.

Im still on my sponsorship visa, so cant move much. Have to stay with one employer and thats it.
Once we have our PR ( but this can start in 2019, after new rules of Prime Minister) we would have more flexibility.

You right, around Brisbane is very overfished, the advice you can get on a forum here is to tie a crazy charlie and chase bream -unless you have a boat and time to travel.
I havent seen my kayak for 5months already, well busy at work.
I tried once to go for am afternoon session for a bass, but 1h20min ( 40min in traffic) to go 35km distance drives me nuts.

We dont have any relatives or nanny to send and pick up my daughter from school, so I could be on the road at 3am and hit the water by the first light.
Well, but this the life I chose, so I better shut up and keep moving forward.

I feel much lighter after the first post ha ha.
Cheers
Mike
Michal Duzynski

Beautyful Italy

...and funny thing
When I was back in Italy and try to promote, and di something about distance casting, nobody really cared.
Now Im here, and there is a bunch of great casters in Italy and around 4 to 5 comps ( with ICSF rules) a year with in 4h drive.
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Beautyful Italy

Post by Paul Arden »

Well someone obviously listened and they are very good. Stefano came third in Tallin behind Dmitri and Sakari. Looking forward to seeing them in the next Worlds.

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “Manshit”