PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

No regrets!

Moderator: Haggisboy

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

No regrets!

Post by Paul Arden »

Hey I was reading this https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/study-re ... die-iwuoha and thought wouldn’t it be terrible to be laying there wishing you had fished more! What a terrible thought :cool:

Live before you die!
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Graeme H
Answers: 0

No regrets!

Post by Graeme H »

I regret reading that ... ;)

Nah, I took on most of those lessons very early in my life. As a teenager, I realised life is short and over before you know it (I used to spend my teenage years collecting gemstones and minerals with "old people". I listened to them, preferring to learn from their mistakes rather than make my own.) By about 14, it was already my goal to find a job I was interested in. Luckily for me, geology pays well and I can choose my working hours to some extent.

I've had a fair go at making a living as a pro landscape photographer. If I hadn't given that a crack, it would have been a regret I would have taken to my grave. I achieved the things I wanted in that field, so no regrets there.

I'd love to try giving up work and spending the next 30 years fishing, but then I'd regret the divorce more than I'd regret the lost fishing time I currently face. :D

I don't think I have any regrets. I'm pretty happy with the choices I've made so far and if I died tomorrow, my regrets would be related to missing out on being part of the things my kids will be doing over the next 20 years, not the things I've done or not done before today.

Cheers,
Graeme
FFi CCI
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

No regrets!

Post by Paul Arden »

Yes I’m the same mate. I couldn’t imagine having those sort of regrets. I found the “working too hard” one particularly interesting! But not following your dreams? Yes I would regret that but I can’t imagine not following your dreams. Surely that’s the most important thing of all in life? Well obviously it is if you haven’t as well :D

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Graeme H
Answers: 0

No regrets!

Post by Graeme H »

I think there are a lot of cases where people don't follow their dreams for good reasons and also for altruistic reasons.

I'd say a lot of people give up some or all of their own dreams for the sake of their children's welfare. Not everyone, but certainly a lot.

And there is definitely a class of dreams that should not be followed for the sake of the rest of us. For example, Hitler's later dreams would have been best left to wither. If only he had the talent and dedication to realise his dream of being a successful artist ...

Cheers,
Graeme
FFi CCI

Return to “Manshit”