PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Lockdown Fitness

Moderator: Haggisboy

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Lockdown Fitness

Post by Paul Arden »

How fit is everyone getting in the lockdown? I imagine Lee Cummings must be the size of a mountain now :pirate:

I reckon I’m fitter now than at any time in the last 8 years. Spending loads of time on the indoor bike trainer and chin-up bar. Fun, fun, fun. Not sure I’ll be casting any further but I think so :D

I know lots of people who have built a home gym during this time. Personally I’ve always preferred training at home and have never really been into the social aspect.

If you have any suggestions for the Battleship Gym I’d love to hear them. So far there I only have a dumbbell and the bike. I sort of can do chin-ups from the hammock bars welded into the roof and of course I have a lake to swim in. But I’m keen to expand the range of options to keep it interesting.

The indoor bike trainer is the bollocks by the way. I train way harder indoors than on the road!

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
steelehead
Answers: 0

Re: Lockdown Fitness

Post by steelehead »

Hi Paul,
I guess you already have a nice setup on the battleship, but something everyone seems to love are rings and parallettes - rings make pullups and the like more difficult, as they add a wobbly complexity to the movement. A nice addon for the dumbell training might be a kettlebell, it seems to be the hot shit now, plus working out in camos screams for a kettlebell. Apart from training you might also use it as an anchor...

Cheers, Christian
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

:D :D

Stefan once wanted to send me a 25KG Kettleball thorough the post. I don’t think he actually got it as far as the post office but I would love to see that video :D In the end he realised it was not going to be cheap, but just imagine following that thing on its way across Europe!

Rings could work. The problem is the roof is only just above head-height.

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
Zhongxiang

Post by Zhongxiang »

We should have a SL chin/pull up challenge on the Battleship, whoever can do the most wins something :pirate:
How heavy are your dumbbells Paul? 10kg snakehead curl could be an option :D
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

I’ve always struggled with chin-ups. But the results are easy to count! I think what I like most about it is that it doesn’t have to be a separate session, but can be done many times throughout the day.

Not sure about the dumbbell, might be 14KG. In Hungary I have them go up to 20. I will buy some more when I can.

They’ve just extended lockdown by another two weeks. It’s official now - they have no plans to ever let anyone outside again. Check this out, in India they are going to have to start laying off funeral parlour workers because deaths are down 😂😂
Mystery of India's lower death rates seems to defy coronavirus trend
https://reut.rs/3cKKdis
Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
Lee Cummings

Post by Lee Cummings »

😄
I’m very fortunate to have the gear at home but I’ve just been ticking over with weights. I go for max pb’s in some lifts twice a year, with bench and squat already been done for this half of the year.
To be honest I’m very happy with my strength level now and I’m concentrating on improving fitness, flexibility and explosive strength.
I would highly recommend you buy a full set of resistance bands mate, everyone I know who takes their training seriously are all getting through this by using these at home. You can pretty much emulate any machine in a gym with a bit of ingenuity
Cheers
Lee
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

Thanks mate. And thanks for the link. I’ll order some today. 👍

Flycasting Definitions
Lee Cummings

Post by Lee Cummings »

No worries mate,
This guy is one of the best resources on the net and I highly recommend you follow his channel and scroll back through his lockdown training series

Cheers
Lee
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Lots of running in the woods for me. And intermittent fasting. I feel like a greyhound! :)
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

You’re lucky Thomas. Not allowed to do that here! Thanks Lee, I’ll check out the channel. Just bought another 15KG dumbbell today. Chin-ups is starting to hurt my elbows, but I still enjoy them anyway :D

1-2 hrs or so on Zwift every day for the past 4 months has been fantastic. It’s like training in a sauna but great fun! All my triathlons this year look like being postponed to next year. I reckon I’ll be on peak fitness by then :pirate:

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “Manshit”