PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

pizza on the campfire

Moderator: Haggisboy

t.z.
Answers: 0

pizza on the campfire

Post by t.z. »

Since this year I live in a van - https://www.thomas-zullich.com/tag/our- ... r-forrest/. I decided so make life easier and work less. Work often gets in the way of life, specially. fishing and that weird thing called freedom. One tiny thing bugged me though. Not having an oven is a serious drawback if you're sucker for Pizza like me.

After studying all that YouTube on the topic I gave it a try today. Amazing result with the upside down approach. UPSD means toppings into the frying pan first and then the dough. I have a pan with a metal lid. I "stole" the lid 7 years ago at the Lake XXX hut in Canterbury. The one between the two lakes with the same name. Paul knows the place.

Now the lid came to it's full use. I cooked with it sort of "dutch oven style" ... It's very simple and quick. 6 / 7 minutes tops. I overdid the top heat as you can see by the black spot. Next I will see how it goes with just heat from under.

Best pizza I ever had. Seriously. Crazy good.

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Re: pizza on the campfire

Post by Paul Arden »

Never tried pizza in a camp oven. I’ve done lasagne quite a few times :D Looks good, I’ll give it a go sometime. I’ve been trying to buy another Dutch oven since Ronan didn’t bring my one over from NZ!

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
andrewparkeruk

Post by andrewparkeruk »

I enjoyed reading about your van Thomas.
t.z.

Post by t.z. »

andrewparkeruk wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:34 pm I enjoyed reading about your van Thomas.
Thanks. :-) it's actually my home.

Return to “Manshit”