PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Grog

Moderator: Haggisboy

Jason King
Answers: 0

Grog

Post by Jason King »

Well this is the “manshit” section.....sorry Carol, and any other lady’s...Sure Paul means Man shit...often enjoyed with women....lol
What is the recommendation for Friday drinks?
I am parcel to Wild Turkey.....rare breed wild turkey when I can afford it.

Jason.
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Re: Grog

Post by Paul Arden »

I usually enjoy a beer or two to celebrate sunset. I rarely drink wine in Malaysia (because it’s more than twice the price of what I expect to pay) but wine is easier to carry when hiking upriver. And if it’s a long trip I will pack something stronger :D

Generally now I avoid spirits unless a guest brings a bottle. But I do like a real Scotch whisky from time to time. Last weekend we were enjoying some 18yr old Glenfiddich. Now that was a nice drop!

I did actually have a “bar” planned for the battleship and had purchased all the liquor. And then we had lockdown...

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Mangrove Cuckoo

Post by Mangrove Cuckoo »

There are so many good bourbons it is a shame to stick with just one!

What I have done is choose a reference point (Elijah Craig) and always have it on hand.

I then wander through others, bottle by bottle, and compare / contrast them to the EC.

It is a wonderful hobby and surprisingly, my taste seems to change over time.

Rare Breed! Damn good... but I would not use it for my reference / EDP.
With appreciation and apologies to Ray Charles…

“If it wasn’t for AI, we wouldn’t have no I at all.”
Jason King

Post by Jason King »

I will have to try Elijah Craig.
You are right, there are a lot more I need to try....good idea having the reference point on standby.
There’s an absolute smorgasbord of beers to try here nowadays Paul and I need to start working my way through them.
I’m more of a lager drinker so not a fan of a lot of the stronger tasting brews.
One of my mates is a scotch drinker and I enjoy a scotch with him on occasion.....I quite like the double black Johnny Walker.
I have heard the Glenfiddich is the ducks nuts...I will have to get into it with him one night.

Jason.
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

Real Ale. Wow that’s something I enjoy :D I actually started doing some homebrew here in Malaysia to try to get the taste and while it’s certainly drinkable it’s not the same!

I know that German and Belgian beer is fantastic. But given the choice between that and Speckled Hen, or Spitfire, or Directors, or Ruddles County, I know what I’d order. However it’s not what it used to be! When they dropped the alcohol level from 5% to 4 or whatever it is now, I think that they might just have added more water :D

Yeah Australia was terrible for beer when I first went there. But about 20 years ago I started finding some nice beer from Tassie. When I was biking around there was a black beer I found quite palatable. Can’t remember what it was, but it was alright!

Cheers!
Paul

Flycasting Definitions
Graeme H

Post by Graeme H »

Paul Arden wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:56 pm Yeah Australia was terrible for beer when I first went there. But about 20 years ago I started finding some nice beer from Tassie. When I was biking around there was a black beer I found quite palatable. Can’t remember what it was, but it was alright!

Cheers!
Paul
Tooheys Old?
FFi CCI
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

Coopers Stout! Wow today is memory day.

Flycasting Definitions
Hornbeam

Post by Hornbeam »

There was a time in not too distant living memory when you just couldn't get a decent beer in the US for love nor money. Now there are zillions of little craft breweries everywhere in the USA and many of them making fabulous stuff. Down here in East Sussex our local brewery is Harveys of Lewes and their best bitter is, without too much argument, as good as anyone's. How lucky are we? I love my wine and an occasional whisky, but the former is the reason I've put on so much weight. Without being Taliban about it, I'm trying now to restrict alcohol to weekends. I've seen some pretty ferocious whisky consumption while salmon fishing in Scotland.

Return to “Manshit”