PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Sexyloops Navigation

Moderator: Paul Arden

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Sexyloops Navigation

Post by Paul Arden »

Hi chaps and girlesses,

I’ve been thinking a lot about Sexyloops Navigation for about 20 years and I think that the answer is a fly fishing glossary! We have pages on almost every subject during the past 21 years and so this is the most logical thing to do.

I plan to have this in place before the end of the year and as we build the glossary then linked pages can be put into the CMS database and made mobile friendly.

If you have any thoughts or ideas I wold love to hear them. This is most certainly a wet season project! The cool thing is I think we can create an encyclopaedia of fly fishing quite quickly as well as bring past content to the fore!

And then of course we can then invent clever ways to navigate the Glossary :cool:

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Re: Sexyloops Navigation

Post by Paul Arden »

I'm still working on this concept. Think of it as being more like a fly fishing encyclopaedia with links around Sexyloops, the Board and even external links if necessary. What I don't like about external links is that over time the content is moved or disappears. So better that if we don't have the information is to write it. This is actually an enormous project.

I do think we can write the definitive fly fishing encyclopaedia and probably about 80-90% of the information is already contained within Sexyloops pages. What I like about the idea is that it makes this information navigable, brings it back to the fore, and allows us too discover what we have missed.

I think I'm going to need some help :D

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
flyfisher666
Answers: 0

Post by flyfisher666 »

What kind of help?
I got some spare time since there will be no wc.

//Joakim
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

I’m going to need help writing the glossary when the time comes I think! :) Unfortunately the Sexyloops web developers are on limited working hours with lockdown. Hopefully back to normal soon!

Thanks, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
Carol
Answers: 0

Post by Carol »

What an awesome idea! It would make it easier to find topics. You might not even have to answer the same question 5,829 times. :)
Carol
Because it's painful getting flies out of spruce trees.
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

It’s quite funny really. Trying to work out a navigation system for Sexyloops has been a major challenge for over 15 years. So we’ll just build an encyclopaedia and use that :D :D There are literally 10s of thousands of Sexyloops pages and that’s before we consider the Boards!

I would actually like to go through old content and repair pages that have old code for videos etc, make the old pages mobile friendly, fix broken links to the old board (the URLs changed - that might be possible to fix with some clever coding) and very importantly DATE everything. In 20 years our understanding on many things has changed - lots of old content I know now to be wrong - and so dating everything and adding a footnote saying that there are errors in the page, with links to the correct information, I think would be useful.

It’s a major project. But it is the next logical thing to do with Sexyloops!!

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “Announcements”