PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Saskatoon, Canada

Moderator: Paul Arden

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Re: Saskatoon, Canada

Post by Paul Arden »

I had Walleye in Arkansas at night below the White River Dam. It was one of the strangest experiences of my life, there is so much mist coming off the water you cannot see more than about 20 feet at its thickest. It’s not completely dark because the dam has lights, so in effect you are struggling to find your way around in a dense illuminated fog and your only sense of direction is the various currents - which are extremely low at this time of day. Technically you are not allowed to fish so close to the dam, but even you have no idea where you are. I was fishing with a friend but I didn’t see him all evening. Occasionally I would hear him but from a different directions every time.

http://www.sexyloops.com/picofday/magni ... nt14.shtml

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Harps
Answers: 0

Post by Harps »

morten61 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:07 am Thank you guys, very useful info. I'm affraid my situation makes it next to impossible for me (physical and economy).
I think I¨ve to give it a miss :(

Thanks
Morten
That's unfortunate.

If you are interested, my friend Alan from Saskatchewan has offered to help you out and would be able to provide a boat. He's a great guy and can also hook you up with other local groups - and his oldest son lives in Aarhus.

Let me know and I can get you his contact information.
Harps

Post by Harps »

Paul Arden wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:23 am I had Walleye in Arkansas at night below the White River Dam. It was one of the strangest experiences of my life, there is so much mist coming off the water you cannot see more than about 20 feet at its thickest.
Walleye are such buggers to handle in the light... In the dark - no thanks!
I do get the occasional walleye on swung mouse patterns while looking for big rainbows... the last walleye I caught was was in the same pool where you caught this fish.

morten61

Post by morten61 »

Hi Harps
Thank you for your effort.
At present travelling is not really an option, due to the flu.
Denmark is closing the borders today, for inbound visitors. As a Danish citizen I can travel freely (more or less), but will the airlines be willing to carry only me ???

Morten
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

Ah I remember that pool/day/fish. Remarkable.
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “Announcements”