PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Farewell Zoli

Moderator: Paul Arden

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Farewell Zoli

Post by Paul Arden »

Many of you will have met my good friend Zoli of the Latohegy Pincer. He helped to host many of our Hungarian Sexyloops Meets and dozens of friends have stayed in his accommodation. His meals were legendary and I drank more than a few litres of his excellent wine.

Unfortunately I heard the very sad news today that he has just died of the Corona Virus.

RIP Zoli. My thoughts go out to his family.
Attachments
72CB0BA1-B88B-41DA-AD9F-8A9F6FACAC1D.jpeg
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
nicholasfmoore
Answers: 0

Re: Farewell Zoli

Post by nicholasfmoore »

Very sad news indeed. RIP, Zoli. :(
Nick M

"Memento Piscantur Saepe" :upside:
John Waters

Post by John Waters »

My condolences,

John
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

It’s interesting because he wasn’t that old, I don’t know how old he actually was because it’s impossible to tell when someone has a grey beard, but 70’sish.. and active. Young teenage daughter too (active!).

It was Zoli who first showed me my land at Latohegy and introduced me to Peter. A few months later, while clearing it, I started a huge fire that nearly burned down the hill. I had to run around like a madman with a shovel putting out grass and fir trees as they simultaneously caught fire. By the time that was under control all the hair on my arms had gone. I remember at one point seeing Zoli look around the corner, no doubt impressed by the huge volumes of black smoke coming from the land that I had agreed to buy but didn’t yet own. There he was wearing bright red speedos doing his gardening.

Zoli taught me that the secret to being fit was to drink two shots of Palinka before breakfast. I suppose this is a marginally better idea than the red bull I was drinking. :)

Generally I’ve been thinking this virus takes 12-18 months off your life. In this case I would think it’s taken rather a lot more. We’ll never know.

I’ll raise two shots of Palinka to Zoli next time I’m in Hungary... and before breakfast!

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
t.z.

Post by t.z. »

That were sad news. So sorry for his family and friends. As the picture reveals I have met him too, very briefly though but I still remember this nice place and the good wine and food.

Cheers,
Thomas

P.S. - got my first shot of vaccine yesterday.

Return to “Announcements”