PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

High Pressure Shots

Moderators: Paul Arden, Bernd Ziesche, Lasse Karlsson

VGB
Answers: 0

Re: High Pressure Shots

Post by VGB »

Paul Arden wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:44 am Incidentally if you have any questions for Nick Winkleman send them over. I’m going to do an email interview with him this week.
Sounds awesome. You could ask him if he can get me tickets for the Ireland England 6 Nations match. I’ll have a head scratch on the casting stuff.

Regards

Vince
“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage — to move in the opposite direction.” — Ernst F. Schumacher

https://www.sexyloops.com/index.php/ps/ ... f-coaching
VGB

Post by VGB »

Here’s my first thought:

What would Nick consider to be an essential skill set for coaching movement skills?
“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage — to move in the opposite direction.” — Ernst F. Schumacher

https://www.sexyloops.com/index.php/ps/ ... f-coaching
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

Cheers I’ve got some Mark too and some of my own. Should be quite interesting :)
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Viking Lars

Post by Viking Lars »

I know from personal experience that wanting the take too much provides the highest pressure. In some ways, even if money has been spent, vacation booked, flight taken, maybe special tackle bought and more, I find that taking my mind off catching fish, sometimes allows me to catch more fish. I certainly don't leave home expecting to post 10 throphy shots on social media. On many travels, I've been satisfied with one fish and if the mind is off the whole fish-catching-game, that's a lot of pressure off. Of course, the first fish also takes a lot of pressure off and often a few more will follow with more ease.
If you're unexperienced in the fishery you travel to, I find fishing too hard to be very negative. You fish too hard, maybe putting fish down that could have been caught, had you been rested and fresh. Something that I've found, not only with myself, but often seen in others, is a clear frustration when the casting is not working. A frustration and pressure caused by regrets not taking the time to become as good as you can in any given time you have available. I think I wrote an FP about it before I went to Norway earlier this year.
BTW, I didn't catch anything in Norway, but I went home satisfied, because I know I fished the river, the runs and lies correctly, so it's obvious that there wimply were no salmon :-).
Save the high blood pressure and shaking hands till after the fish has been landed - that's my best advice!

Lars

Return to “Teaching”