PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Extending the CI tasks

Moderators: Paul Arden, Bernd Ziesche, Lasse Karlsson

Boisker
Answers: 0

Extending the CI tasks

Post by Boisker »

VGB wrote:Keep the faith mate :D
Oh dear.... :whistle:
VGB

Extending the CI tasks

Post by VGB »

Next year Rodney
“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage — to move in the opposite direction.” — Ernst F. Schumacher

https://www.sexyloops.com/index.php/ps/ ... f-coaching
VGB

Extending the CI tasks

Post by VGB »

I’ve been playing with light line set ups right handed to keep my eye in but started with an open stance instead of a closed one. I have real tracking issues with the long stroke right handed, so started casting elbow leading, pulling motion which tightened everything up. The stroke is much shorter but my feet are still in the open position; stance is a little bit more complicated than the basic teaching let’s on.
“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage — to move in the opposite direction.” — Ernst F. Schumacher

Boisker

Extending the CI tasks

Post by Boisker »

I assume your a lefty normally Vince?
If so..
Do you find open stance easier with your non-dominant hand?
When I practice with my non-dominant left hand I also cast with a pulling motion... but find it much easier with a closed stance... like J Borgers foundation cast.
I still find the tracking wanders everywhere if I open up or cast to much off to the side... more practice needed :D
VGB

Extending the CI tasks

Post by VGB »

Hi Matt

Normally a lefty, but I’m not convinced by the definition of stance being around feet position. With my dominant hand, I opened up myself by dropping the left foot back and cast with almost a toilet chain pulling motion. I have since been opened right up to watch my cast and my stroke is more like a Lefty Kreh stroke with the elbow moving in a quite level plane.

I’m now treating my right hand as a student and tried to teach myself from a fully open stance instead of closed as I did with my dominant hand. The result is bollocks tracking. Just turning my hips forward takes me back to the chain pulling and better tracking but with a shorter stroke. For me, the direction of my hips drives the stroke, not my feet. But that just be me.

Regards

Vince

Gmstuart1

Extending the CI tasks

Post by Gmstuart1 »

I don’t know what I threw in the test, but it was over 75’. I’d bet my second one was closer to 85’. Keep in mind this isn’t competition distance. This is relaxed, controlled, and good loops to 75’. There is no reason to require 100’ for CI, but I could see it for MCI. I also see the point Lasse made about many casting far without the knowledge to teach someone else how to do it.....I agree with this too.
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Extending the CI tasks

Post by Paul Arden »

There are a lot of teaching levels above 85’. Especially with a 7WT.
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “Teaching”