PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Examination feedback

Moderators: Paul Arden, Bernd Ziesche, Lasse Karlsson

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Examination feedback

Post by Paul Arden »

Well for sure it would make for almost perfect consistency and would take the variable examiner element out of it. It takes the fun out of it for examiners too - which also would remove some of the problems/misunderstandings we know too well!

It all depends what you are looking for. If you are after consistency and professionalism then it’s the way to go. It’s a complete retake on the way we have been doing things absolutely and no question there would be no “friendly” examiners as a consequence. Arguably it’s the difference between professional and amateur.

My personal view is that if we consider casting/fishing instructon to be a profession (albeit for most a part-time one) then the examiners should be professsinal too. IFF is not really sure where it sits in this regards. AAPGAI knows where it wants to be but I don’t know if the external examiner issue was a lightbulb moment for them like it was for us, because I haven’t been back since :laugh:

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “Teaching”