PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

tips for teaching

Moderators: Paul Arden, Bernd Ziesche, Lasse Karlsson

jarmo
Answers: 1

Re: tips for teaching

Post by jarmo »

rickoshea wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:00 pm I'm a bit lost here .... what's the "triangle method"
A brilliant teaching technique (that I use only in single-handed casting).
rickoshea wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:00 pmand "pantomime"?
In my case, it would be going through the movements of a cast without the line, first in slow motion.
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

It’s different because there is a backcast too Carlz. Follow-through does exist but intermediates and above of course - aka Thrust, pull-back (not sure is that qualifies :p), “stopless”, seamless drifting etc.

Pantomime - mine - ie we both imaginary cast together, often in slow motion. Highly effective teaching tool for apes, like me :cool:

I like the Triangle for lots of reasons. Not least it’s a package the pupil can take home, but best of all because it makes teaching the double haul on the first lesson a probability.

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
rickoshea
Answers: 0

Post by rickoshea »

sorry for the slow reply fellas …. work and all that :evil:

love both those methods - so I can incorporate that into my assessment and teaching ;) :D

the idea of doing it together in slow motion is class Paul :cool:
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

Not one of mine. I think it’s been in use for a long time. Mel Krieger is generally regarded as introducing it for teaching multiple students the double haul at the same time. The best results I get are teaching in the dark with the lumiline. This is a remarkable tool. I’ve posted on the Michael so hopefully you guys can have a play with it (if he lets you :p).

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “Teaching”