PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Teaching the Essential Level

Moderators: Paul Arden, Bernd Ziesche, Lasse Karlsson

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Teaching the Essential Level

Post by Paul Arden »

Just out of curiosity is anyone interested in going through the process of writing out an instructor’s syllabus on how to teach this - https://www.sexyloops.com/index.php/ps/ ... -challenge ?

Personally I feel that such a conversation would be of assistance to future instructors. Rather than just me doing it myself :D

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
bartdezwaan
Answers: 0

Re: Teaching the Essential Level

Post by bartdezwaan »

:laugh:

Isn't it a possibility to set something up like an instructors portal?
That way we can work collaboratively on it. Maybe even include some video's.
It would be a tremendously valuable resource if you ask me. Maybe we can even post video's of student (with permission).

Maybe I can help set something up. It will probably be available at the same time as the shoot :p

Cheers, Bart
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

As far as I see it the Board is an instructors’ portal (amongst other things). I certainly see no need for closed discussions. This stuff should all be open and a resource for the future when we’ve all gone.

Prior to that I’ll have Shoot available before the end of the year :D

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

What I plan to do with these casting levels is build an instructors’ curriculum. I’ll take it beyond where the associations are now. But we will also make instruction easier because then you will know what to teach and how to go about it. It will all be open, because knowledge is for everyone.

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
bartdezwaan

Post by bartdezwaan »

I am not saying it should be closed.
You can call it teaching.sexyloops.com. Teaching Sexyloops, brilliant isn't it? :laugh:
You could list the challenges and people can upload instructions and/or video's.
Let people upvote stuff so the best instructions are on top.

Cheers, Bart
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

A tool that uploads and compresses videos would be a good mechanism. I haven’t decided if that’s really what we want to do yet. I’d rather have a broader spectrum incorporating instructors with online examples. We already offer the online stuff but 1-1 is always better in real person teaching. That’s really where I’m aiming. I’m focusing on how to make that delivery better.

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
Boisker

Post by Boisker »

Although I haven’t the experience to add to it as an instructor, as someone embarking on the instructor route I’d definitely be keen to see it develop... and I’d be perhaps be useful to comment where further explanation could be required.
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

Something I’ve noticed is that not only is there not a clear syllabus for teachers’ exams but it’s also something that would be very useful for our students too. I think ultimately the Sexyloops casting program will cover this very well and give a clear path to becoming an expert level fishing caster.

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “Teaching”