PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

What are we?

Moderators: Paul Arden, Bernd Ziesche, Lasse Karlsson

VGB
Answers: 0

Re: What are we?

Post by VGB »

This really captures what I was trying to cover when I talked about workload and retention:
Learning refers to relatively permanent changes in knowledge or behavior. It is — or at least should be — the goal of education. Performance, on the other hand, refers to temporary fluctuations in knowledge or behavior that can be measured or observed during (or shortly after) instruction.

Regards

Vince
“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage — to move in the opposite direction.” — Ernst F. Schumacher

https://www.sexyloops.com/index.php/ps/ ... f-coaching
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

The easiest way I find to discover whether they have learned it or not is to have them teach you back. Often I’ll also ask for a lesson summation from them first. You can do it with groups too but you have to be careful to do it in such a way that everyone gives the answers and not only one or two. It’s not uncommon to find that some of the key points that they’re taking away are not the key points you want them to take away!

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
VGB
Answers: 0

Post by VGB »

What are the key points that you would look for your beginner to play back to you after the 2 hour lesson?

Regards

Vince
“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage — to move in the opposite direction.” — Ernst F. Schumacher

https://www.sexyloops.com/index.php/ps/ ... f-coaching
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

I give the summation on that. I pick out the important points relative to them and a few focussed exercises.

The key points in summation are not the key points of the cast but the important steps in the lesson. If there is one key word at the end of the first lesson it is “loop”.

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “Teaching”