PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Good fly casting instructional book

Moderators: Paul Arden, Bernd Ziesche, Lasse Karlsson

VGB
Answers: 0

Re: Good fly casting instructional book

Post by VGB »

So who exactly are the BDM b’stards, myself and Lasse have a drink problem that we’re trying to resolve ?
Casting instruction - making simple things complicated since 1765

https://www.sexyloops.com/index.php/ps/ ... f-coaching
ACW

Post by ACW »

Vince .was lasse at the social ???heard you had a good time .hopefully will be fit enough for next years!
VGB

Post by VGB »

Andy, I has a wobble that you would have been proud of :D Missed you this year, get fit soon, it’s going to be a good grayling year.
Casting instruction - making simple things complicated since 1765

https://www.sexyloops.com/index.php/ps/ ... f-coaching
jarmo
Answers: 1

Post by jarmo »

I really like Jason's newer book.

I have had the older book for a long time, and it has had a permanent impact on me. For example, I use a three-point grip in SH casting. Also, for the majority of fishing casts, I employ a closed stance with a variation of Jason's foundation stroke.

I was going to do a more detailed comparison of the new and the old book, but the new book has so much material that it will take me quite a while to go through it. I have been reading it for a number of days, and I am only halfway through. Some things are different in the new book (e.g., explanation of corkscrew, which I immediately took a peek at, thank you so much), some things have been added. There are more drawings, and they are simply excellent. This sets the bar unreasonably high for any writing on this topic: after reading this book, an explanation of a technique feels incomplete without an accompanying drawing.

I certainly hope some sort of republication (electronic version, whatever) will make this available to a large public at a reasonable price.
RSalar

Post by RSalar »

jarmo wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:55 am I really like Jason's newer book.

I certainly hope some sort of republication (electronic version, whatever) will make this available to a large public at a reasonable price.
I totally agree. Interestingly I read it once and I thought that is was pretty basic stuff … but then when I was putting together my lesson plans for the teaching portion of the FFI CI exam I referred to constantly. The fact that he has taken complicated tasks and simplified them down to a very concise explanation is the height of the achievement!
FFI - CCI

Return to “Teaching”