PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Welcome!

Moderator: Paul Arden

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Welcome!

Post by Paul Arden »

Hi ladies and gents,

In this section you can find a forum for each video section of the Sexyloops App, using the same structure. If you have any questions or observations regarding the App then please post them here and we'll do our best to help!

You can download the App through this Sexyloops page: http://www.sexyloops.com/mobile/

Many thanks!
Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Zoran Marinkovic
Answers: 0

Welcome!

Post by Zoran Marinkovic »

Great stuff Paul & Akos ,
Wish you all the best !
and keep it alive ..change videos if need, do not charge for changed ones, add new videos , new explanations etc...
I am sure very soon you will get competition, so be ready and keep going..

and make it more personally and private - show info about tackle used , about time and Water&River where the cast was done , etc...
put more slow motion and clear view of hand grip during some sensitive moments ( like a grip change for distance casting, etc etc ...)
make one movie about how all of that was done, you know : "behind the scene" ...

if possible , connect it with discussion on SL , with FP ....give another casters chance to cast-right or wrong ...showing wrong casting is very useful , maybe crucial....

in other words make it very alive and kicking , one by one step...you will need a time....

Cheers,
Zoran
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Welcome!

Post by Paul Arden »

Thanks Zoran, updates will of course be free. V2 should be very interesting and hopefully by then we'll have a mobile version of Sexyloops with which to integrate.

Most of the videos were shot in Slovakia, but a fair chunk came from the Danube in Hungary.

We can certainly add some slow motion, either direct to the App or linked to the Sexyloops site. Lots of opportunities really and I have to see a web developer this week. I'd very much like App purchasers to ask questions on the Board. It should be very interesting indeed!

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Welcome!

Post by Paul Arden »

The rod being used was a Hot Torpedo 6 prototype. It's the same blank that we finally ran with, although the finish and fittings are much better on the rod we now sell. The lines were all courtesy of Mike Barrio, an early 125 in Orange and an SLX, in 6 and 5 weights. I think we used a MED too for some shots, but that particular shade of orange didn't come up as well on camera and I'm not sure if we ended up using any of those shots.

It took a very long time to shoot, we spent quite a while looking for suitable locations and our early attempts at video all failed. River levels were a problem, and sometimes we had to leave the football pitch because a game was on! We started the project last May and finished in early November (which is why I'm wearing a coat in some shots and why the leaves have started to turn!). Editing was done by Akos throughout most of the summer.

The structure is very much based around my one-day courses and the Spey section is based around AAPGAI examinations. While obviously certain sections may be more interesting to some people that others, the entire App follows a logical sequence. There are many important pieces of advice in the Essentials section, which is why it was later renamed from Basics!

The App itself has taken a great deal of development time and has undergone many changes, to include multiple downloads, a restore button, significant layout changes and restructuring. Some things worked very well and some things not so well. The small screen on iPhones do make things very difficult, but that's what the App is all about. Some of the bridge shots showed up extremely well at the time of shooting, but after rendering it can be difficult to see the line. I'm sure in this regard it's better on an iPad. We will reshoot some of these shots in the summer. The river was pretty high at the time and I was in danger of being swept under the bridge on several occasions!

Any suggestions are most welcome, since this is an ongoing project.

Cheers, Paul

Return to “Sexyloops App info”