PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

The PUALD Video Page

Moderator: Paul Arden

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

The PUALD Video Page

Post by Paul Arden »

http://www.sexyloops.com/flycast/pick-up-and-lay-down/

Includes a few of the more common (and sometimes bizarre :p ) faults. Includes Tom White's inverted reel drill, which when it works it works extremely well but occasionally it just seems to make life worse! Life can be like that. :pirate:

I'll combine it with the minimum power drill for next Monday, but I have to embed the respective YouTube videos first.

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Danny Lin
Answers: 0

The PUALD Video Page

Post by Danny Lin »

Totally agree with"Big fish scaring splash followed either by the line coming directly at you or a big open back cast" and the lift can save lots of power to pick up line!! This should be one of the magic secret to hook up big fish also. :cool:
Paul Arden
Site Admin

The PUALD Video Page

Post by Paul Arden »

Welcome to the Board, Danny! :cool:

Flycasting Definitions
Paul Arden
Site Admin

The PUALD Video Page

Post by Paul Arden »

Linked up to the Minimum Power exercise. That was some time ago - on the Denmark and Bust trip! http://www.sexyloops.com/picofday/denmarkorbust.shtml

A useful piece of advice is to watch a small waterfall run down the line as you gently peal it from the water surface. I may mention this somewhere in the videos (I can't remember now, if I do it comes later!). This observation I picked up from Peter Hayes in Tasmania and is excellent teaching.

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “Pick up and Lay Down”