PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Pull-back

Moderator: Paul Arden

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Pull-back

Post by Paul Arden »

It's not really a presentation cast but belongs here because it helps with overpowered casts.. http://www.sexyloops.com/flycast/pull-back/
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Pull-back

Post by Paul Arden »

How else do you teach pull-back?

Flycasting Definitions
clayed21085
Answers: 0

Re: Pull-back

Post by clayed21085 »

In the description you mention you use it considerably in distance, but in the video you say it's not about distance just setting a tight loop, anyways I'm going to have to try this for my roll casts.
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

Sorry I didn’t make that very clear! I don’t use it for the delivery shot but use it extensively when setting up loops prior to this. I (almost) always go on the third forward cast. With the HT10 I use pull-back on every cast apart from the delivery. With a softer rod such as the HT6 I use pull-back on the first two casts, stopless on the last two and the middle two vary depending on how I’ve trained.

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
Boisker
Answers: 0

Post by Boisker »

Hey Paul... i can’t say i teach it :D so I’m very happy to be shot down.

The language used for casting is really interesting and some descriptions caused me issues when learning (such as ‘the stop’ being likened to hitting a nail with a hammer) but a descriptive term that captures it and works for me is ‘a slight squeeze’... it was practicing the over powered curve where I found pull back really helped, and where a slight squeeze came to mind.

I should say, that won’t work for some as a slight squeeze is used for the end of a normal stroke... so, I was just looking at what my hand is actually doing (miming with a chopstick :D ) and the squeeze seems to be more in the little finger & ring finger, rather than the whole hand :D
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

It’s probably an age thing but I remember when we had shatterproof rulers. And because they were shatterproof we could use them to smack really hard down on desks. And to make the loudest noise we would use pull-back.

You could also put them in between the desk lid and make them go twang, but this has nothing to do with Flycasting :p

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “Pull-Back”