PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

synchronising swing patterns intead of loops

Moderators: Paul Arden, stesiik

Michael Rebholz
Answers: 0

Post by Michael Rebholz »

Hi folks,

here some thought provoking stuff about what i mean by synchronising swing patterns and another reason why i m asking silly questions all the time:

https://youtu.be/BV3dVDRX3NY

would be interested in your opinions on that perspective

cheers and tight lines

Michael
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

Hi Michael,

That’s interesting and I use it myself sometimes. Lee Cummings uses it in his Triangle Method and Brian Henderson uses something similar for the roll cast teaching. It’s also a way that I learned to dig out sinking lines on rivers from a mate in NZ (Guy Hague).

Uses of wave length and amplitude might not pass a physics test :p I’m actually fine with the use of the term “loop”. In fact it’s teaching of what is a loop I believe is fundamental to flycasting. Maybe the closest term in common usage is “whip wave” but the result is hopefully different!

Many years ago when putting out definitions we did in fact define loop here http://www.sexyloops.com/flycasting/definitions2.shtml

I have links for the above three cases but I’m just back from the city and will dig them out tomorrow. I do absolutely agree with the process you use and I use it myself in the instances above however the term “synchronised swing patterns” I’m not sure helps anyone without the video!!

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Michael Rebholz
Answers: 0

Post by Michael Rebholz »

yeah paul,

maths and physics was never my strong side, yet these waves and vibrations are there. And my physical definition and also english language sucks i know that.

I just think its a brililant way to practice develloping a feel for a flyrod and generating dloops with the right dose and timing, i m testing this atm and it works a treat.

Its a great relief and liberation to not limit oneself to 4 speycasts and of course it is about having fun and enjoying ourselves. I cant even take catching fish serious anymore. Thats because i dont want to, and i also dont want to compete about fish. I m a sheite angler anyway....too much in love with casting.

cheers and tight lines
Michael

Return to “Flycasting”