PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Mel Kriegers 'long roll cast'

Moderators: Paul Arden, stesiik

Malik

Re: Mel Kriegers 'long roll cast'

Post by Malik » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:54 am

Got it, thanks !
M.

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 1

Post by Paul Arden » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:27 pm

The TCR taper - the SL Thunderbolt - was designed by Jerry many years ago. It’s really a long belly line without the compound front head that the MED had. This for me is the best for Speys. But I do like the MED despite this complex front. Longer heads like this for me are a lot more versatile to Spey cast and they actually go further when measured (in the right hands of course!). I’m also a huge fan of DTs. My 4WT line I use is a SA DT4 and the 6 lumiline is a DT intermediate. Maybe I’m just getting long in the tooth :D

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions

Carol

Post by Carol » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:57 pm

nicholasfmoore wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:56 pm
I can't remember what video it was, but Mel was teaching the 'normal' jump roll, and i observed that he dipped the rod in a shallow saucer shaped tip path. In fact, i know a lot of chaps that teach this, and they get good results. Now. :whistle:
I think it's a "bonus feature" at the end of his Flycasting Faults & Fixes video. I've watched that probably 50 times since I am a direct decendant of Joe Schmackapop and inherited all of his faults. :p
Carol
Because it's painful getting flies out of spruce trees.

nicholasfmoore

Post by nicholasfmoore » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:27 pm

Thanks, Carol. Just checked and you were spot on!

All the best
Nick M

"Memento Piscantur Saepe" :upside:

Return to “Flycasting”