PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Pull the line first.

Moderators: Paul Arden, stesiik

Bianchetti Ivan
Answers: 0

Re: Pull the line first.

Post by Bianchetti Ivan »

Hi Paul,
I see what I can do, today my elbow does help me, if you allow me I will try.
Bianchetti Ivan

Bianchetti Ivan

I put two types the first one works less, maybe it's my fault. I'm using an barstool 40 + wf 5f line gives me some problems. 😅
Lasse Karlsson

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

Paul will probably claim the problem to be the brick on a string line 😉

Cheers
Lasse
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Flycasting, so simple that instructors need to make it complicated since 1685

Got a Q++ at casting school, wearing shorts ;)
nicholasfmoore

Post by nicholasfmoore »

Bianchetti Ivan wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:32 pm Nick
I mean, you listed my mistakes, 😂☺️
:D
Nick M

"Memento Piscantur Saepe" :upside:
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

Thanks Ivan, very nice. I don’t know if you want my thoughts but I would recommend experimenting with delaying force until later in the rotation, ie only “hit it” after the rod butt if perpendicular - both with haul and also maximum rod rotation force. You are slightly earlier than this.

Also for the “launch” when you move to the front foot the force should drive up from the leg at approx 45 degrees so that it feels like your body is “underneath” the rod butt pushing it over, forwards and upwards. To do this, when I move weight to the front foot, I do so starting with a bent front leg that I can then straighten to help turn the rod over.

This might be difficult to translate; much easier to demonstrate in person irrespective of language! :)

I will experiment with your earlier haul idea this week.

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Bianchetti Ivan

Hi Paul
Thanks Paul, of course I want your advice (I am gold) I will certainly try, the only problem is that I went to this middle ground, because turning them wrist down I have pain in the elbow, so from a certain point onwards it is more complicated , just starting with the heel resting and stretching the arm is painful, thanks to tea! About the idea, I had a couple of buni throws this morning, keeping the line tension with the hand that pulls, the road becomes shorter , but I don't know why it was better, maybe because the hand was perpendicular with the heel🤔😁
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

Hi Ivan,

Is the elbow pain tennis elbow? And if so how long have you had it?

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
Bianchetti Ivan

Hi Paul,
actually it all started with a bursitis, they took my water away, after a couple of months, even worse, they took my water and put some cortisone, then again, now it doesn't swell anymore, but the tennis elbow has taken over, and a persistent pain, which increases with the movement to the point of not being able to lift the arm.Lasse some time ago advised me the shock waves, I am in the list for do them, perhaps by eliminating at least one problem I will improve my style.
Ivan
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

That’s not good mate. I’m sorry to hear that. I had TE once after fishing and casting in Exmouth. I’m pretty sure that it was caused by a rod that was completely stiff in the lower sections. It took a long time to go but I did some exercises that helped. I think that there is a discussion here on the Board. I’ll have a look and find it.

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “Flycasting”