PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Pull the line first.

Moderators: Paul Arden, stesiik

Mangrove Cuckoo
Answers: 0

Re: Pull the line first.

Post by Mangrove Cuckoo »

Nice video Nick!

Thanks.

So...

Did anyone else detect a bit of torque twist on Jerry's 100' cast?
With appreciation and apologies to Ray Charles…

“If it wasn’t for AI, we wouldn’t have no I at all.”
Bianchetti Ivan

Post by Bianchetti Ivan »

Yes it is true I find something very similar, the shape of the loop is very similar, I refer to the launch in front, as it does behind it does not do for me, I do not say that I can not launch, I say that I do not understand if what I think to do is true, obviously you do not know me and it is difficult to understand if a person is able or not to launch, in Italy I have been an instructor since 1993, even if this does not mean that I am able or not, I am grateful for the answers, I will try everything was recommended to me, by the way, I never said, ray of water, I think it's google, I hope not to offend anyone, and not to have said unseemly things, when I translate with google I lose control of the line !
nicholasfmoore

Post by nicholasfmoore »

I did indeed! Also, did you notice pullback/draw on his first forward cast? Truly an epic caster, i really like his style.

I do apologise, Ivan. It is definitely the translators problem, as i am having a bit of difficulty understanding your question, rest assured i have read it many times to try and get a grasp of what it is you are asking!

I think i am starting to understand now.

Are you asking why your thoughts of casting are different to what you are actually doing? For example you may be thinking of dragging through the stroke, but if you filmed yourself you are actually rotating through the stroke? That's just an example by the way. :)

All the best

Nick
Nick M

"Memento Piscantur Saepe" :upside:
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

Normally I can understand you Bianchetti, but this once I do have a problem. Possibly Michal can help translate! I’ll ask him!

Thanks,
Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Bianchetti Ivan

Post by Bianchetti Ivan »

Hi Paul,
I will try to be short and divide things next time, to prevent it from being incomprehensible, your posts and Stefan's have turned on a lot of light bulbs in my head.💡💡💡💡💡💡😁
Michal Duzynski

Post by Michal Duzynski »

Ciao
  I think I got it what Ivan ment, but instead of getting confused in my own written translation I made a short video explaining the subject Ivan is after.

My answer to him was, that it would be inefficient. If there is a fastest moment of the rotation right on the end we are matching it with the fastest moment of the pull on the end of the haul. This way we got two super explosive moves where we want them.
   Doing it the way Ivan asked for it would be like doing a long haul for a short stroke- but that is me- you deal with it😁😁😁

Cheers
Mike
James9118

Post by James9118 »

Ciao Mike/Ivan.

I think it's about the fastest pull, not the longest pull.

Cheers, James.

(great spoon-casting by the way :D )
Michal Duzynski

Post by Michal Duzynski »

Cheers James
I've been ask to look at it at 5.45am, so I took a spoon out my morning coffee and went to the park :p
...i like what you say- speed vs lenght of the haul.
Even with a spoon casting, when I get to position Ivan had in mind, I could not generate fast hand pull- long, but not as fast.

Cheers
Mike
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

One of the reasons that we don’t leave out hand out in front is because that would make the entire stroke length to be Slide.

It’s an interesting point however. And I think that the time it would take for such a long haul remaining would be too long in comparison to the time it takes to rotate the butt.

As James says however it’s about max speed occurring at a certain point. When that should be exactly is debatable. As Gordy discovered a few years ago Lasse and I have different timings!

Thanks Mike :)

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Merlin

Post by Merlin »

Synchronizing peak haul velocity with peak rotation velocity is counterproductive. It must take place later to give the best results.

Merlin
Fly rods are like women, they won't play if they're maltreated
Charles Ritz, A Flyfisher's Life

Return to “Flycasting”