PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Casting to music (with lumilines)

Moderators: Paul Arden, stesiik

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Casting to music (with lumilines)

Post by Paul Arden »

I’ve spent quite a lot of my life - slightly inebriated or in otherwise enlightened states - casting to music. This is also “best album in the world” topic. :pirate:

The reason I write this is because if there is a better album than Tool’s “Fear Inoculum” then I really don’t know what it is.

First time you listen to it you won’t agree. But third time in you’ll actually start listening. And then if like me you probably won’t listen to anything else ever again :D

In all seriousness if you can cast to this then you’re a champion. Bring it to the boat; we will put the sounds up loud and cast.

This album is very special. Mark brought up Dark Side of The Moon before and between us I’ve listened to it (and cast to it!) numerous times. But this knocks it over hands down.

13 years in the making. No shit!

Cheers,
Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
askel
Answers: 0

Re: Casting to music (with lumilines)

Post by askel »

I prefer real music to primitive drum noise deaf people call a music because they cannot hear anything else :)
For instance
Boisker

Post by Boisker »

Sorry Paul.... not my bag
askel

Post by askel »

Please don't get me wrong. I have a friend whom I knew since we were like 7. She became deaf when she was 10 due to improper treatment of meningitis. We have been pretty close and she taught me hand language and we do enjoy discussing things when we get a chance to see each other. One thing I couldn't explain to her is a music. She could hear or should I say feel the vibration of anything like loud scream or knocking on door. But all she knows about music is drum and powerful low-pitch sounds but not a music.
Lee Cummings

Post by Lee Cummings »

Paul Arden wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:33 pm
First time you listen to it you won’t agree. But third time in you’ll actually start listening. And then if like me you probably won’t listen to anything else ever again :D
Very doubtful mate :D
nicholasfmoore

Post by nicholasfmoore »

Great topic, Paul!

As you know i used to be a pro pianist, and still do occasional concerts here and there, so i will try and chip in. I'm not a 'baroque' 'classical' 'romantic' period only person, i actually listen to a lot of music. Part of my training was to analyze music, and quite literally pick it apart, so i can't really enjoy music anymore which is rather sad. :D

Tool is quite an interesting metal band. Their previous album was very good, and my favorite song in that one is Vicarious, mainly because of the interesting time signatures used. :cool:

For casting at night i'd recommend some jazz by mingus or corea, or something by massive attack or the aphex twin

Pink floyd are amazing of course! I don't really have a favourite album, but i do like Nirvana and the foo fighters. Wasting light was recorded on tape, so that's another reason to love it. This is my favorite song from the album;

Bach's Piano Concerto in D minor (BWV 1052) is also one of favorites, and one i have played :pirate:

Having said all that i think you'd be a massive attack fan :P

All the best!
Nick M

"Memento Piscantur Saepe" :upside:
John Waters

Post by John Waters »

I'm not sure if I'm an old drummer who casts or an old caster who drums, but I cast to a drum beat all the time, for both accuracy and distance. Casting and the drums go hand in hand and I can think of no better hands than those of Charlie Watts. As to the other question, you can pick any number of albums by the Stones - the world's greatest band, but if I had to choose it would be Exile on Main St - rock n roll played as blues and all driven by Watts.

John
Graeme H

Post by Graeme H »

I mainly listen to electronic music when I'm practicing. SAFIA's "Story's Start Or End" and "Internal" for the last 8 months or so, but anything electronic works for me. Trance and Chill just relaxes me.

Tash Sultana (Flow State) is pretty good to listen to also.

I love Tool's Lateralus album, but not when I'm casting.
FFi CCI
Boisker

Post by Boisker »

I wasn’t expecting anyone to run with aphex twin..... great choice Nick..

Trouble is the choice of music would depend on my mood...
A bit of funk..

A bit of house....

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

I do like Massive Attack, Nick, but I can’t listen to a whole album without feeling suicidal :D
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “Flycasting”