PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Line weights

Moderators: Paul Arden, stesiik

Lasse Karlsson
Answers: 0

Re: Line weights

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

I'm quite sure they do, or at least me :D
Funny story, a brand claimed more distance with less effort with their rod, they advertised it on FB, but when I asked gow much further I would get, I was told it didn't include me, since I could cast...A friend asked, saying he could cast 40 meters, and where told at least 5-7 meters more....
I really want to try what ever they are on, just for kicks :sorcerer:

Cheers
Lasse
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Flycasting, so simple that instructors need to make it complicated since 1685

Got a Q++ at casting school, wearing shorts ;)
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Re: Line weights

Post by Paul Arden »

I think if he can cast 40m he can cast too!! :D Your typical caster is usually just shy of 20m. It’s usually very easy to make big gains on that in the first lesson. 5m would not be unusual.

I got a nice jump tonight by the way. Teaching a chap in Hong Kong. Last lesson we were working on open stance distance. It was kind of in there but not quite if you know what I mean. So I taught him the 170. Not only did he pick that up straight away but then his open stance distance just clicked. Whatever he found in the 170 filtered right through his casting. I was hopeful it might! But you never know :)

I had already taught him the Stopless reverse delivery (in an earlier lesson), for taking shots quartering the wind. So it had been pieced together over the previous lessons. But it was just nice to see it all come together.

Now those are the sort of jumps I believe in :D

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “Flycasting”