PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

About the hauling-hand

Moderators: Paul Arden, stesiik

Thomas
Answers: 0

About the hauling-hand

Post by Thomas »

Hi everybody,

I have a question regarding the hand holding the line while hauling. Yesterday I was out fishing, the wind was blowing hard and my line was really greased up with Tiemcos dressing for sinking lines. It was slippery like hell! I then started to have a problem I´m sure many of you have experienced yourself - when hauling really fast it becomes difficult to hold on to your line - the slippery line slips through your fingers. I´m sure there must be some kind of special way technique to hold the line that will prevent this. How do grip your line to prevent this?

/Thomas G
Thomas

Re: About the hauling-hand

Post by Thomas »

Hi again,

I found this:

Cheers Thomas
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

Ah yes I made this mistake in the first world championships finals. That was a total fuck up of immense proportions. Say no more! :cool:

I’m better now. But it still pisses me off :D

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Hi Paul,

Ok so you are familiar with this then. :) Do you grip your line in any special way or do you just make sure your line is less slippery? I dont want to make the line less slippery if I can avoid it.

Cheers Thomas
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

My plan is to not make the line this slippery ever again! Maybe a rubber thimble would work but I think there is more sensitivity involved than a simple on/off switch.

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “Flycasting”