PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Jason Borger

Moderators: Paul Arden, stesiik

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Re: Jason Borger

Post by Paul Arden »

Can’t wait!! :D Better still bring it over and come fishing :cool:
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
andrewparkeruk
Answers: 0

Post by andrewparkeruk »

Hi @Jason, I appreciate this may not be news to you
A friend, Dr Paul Gaskell, has published a book: “The Fly Fishing Bible of Nymphing”
I heard Paul discussing it on Pete Tyjas’s: “The Fly Culture Podcast” and decided I needed to order a copy. I haven’t yet listened to the episode featuring you
Paul tells me it uses a print on demand service which he’s described as “a game changer for small indy publishers”. No such thing as shipping costs to the far corners of the globe. No huge investment in print runs: “to get an affordable unit-price (and hope I could eventually sell them all)”
Best wishes, Andrew
Jason Borger

Post by Jason Borger »

Andrew--Yes, looking at print on demand, as well as eBook at some point. Not currently feeling the urge to produce more big books like SHFC, so hoping this upcoming one can be the "core" text and I'll add specialized, more compact books after that.
I grew up surrounded by fish, flies, and water.
Tom Benson

Post by Tom Benson »

Hi Jason,
Have managed to obtain a copy of your book .......
regards Tom :yeahhh: :yeahhh: :yeahhh:
Tom Benson

Post by Tom Benson »

Hi Jason , Lasse , Paul , John et al .....
received the Book : outstanding work of Fly Casting ....
Many thanks for upload ......
Tom
whinging pom

Post by whinging pom »

A plea to Jason Borger .
I got your Nature of Fly Casting a modular post. Which so far has delivered some memorable nuggets but I’m struggling… not with your writing , or the illustrations, or the concepts but the actual Book itself!
The long layout floppy paper back is really difficult to get comfortable with.
Call me weird, and kooky if you like but when I settle down to read a book it is in bed at the end of the day or even having a good soak in the bath!
I’ve just made a coffee on a Sunday morning and come back to bed to work through another enlightening chapter, but it’s like wrestling with a limp eel and I spend more concentration on holding the book than reading it and holding coffee and reading at the same time is nigh on impossible!

Whinge over! Books great , but next one please change the format for us slobs

Ta very much
The Pom
The Duffer of the Brook !

Nothing is Impossible: :???: I do Nothing everyday .
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

Have you tried taping a rod handle to the spine?

Flycasting Definitions
Jason Borger

Post by Jason Borger »

Pom—Reading a 20 year old, overly dense, floppy paperback geek-fest in the tub (or while balancing a hot coffee over your lap) sounds a lot like punishment. That one was hard enough for most people to read to begin with and you’ve added a new layer! I’m impressed. :laugh: ;)

The next book has already been printed, so you’re in luck. Well, it was printed in like 2017, but still. “Single-Handed Fly Casting” is the one. I did a limited edition thinking that people don’t buy casting books anymore and I was right! Of course, the fact that it cost nearly as much as the book itself to send it outside the USA also didn’t help.

Anyway, forge on, and watch your lap. And see if the hardcover of “Single-Handed” doesn’t suit you better (and read more easily, too).

JB
whinging pom wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:43 am A plea to Jason Borger .
I got your Nature of Fly Casting a modular post. Which so far has delivered some memorable nuggets but I’m struggling… not with your writing , or the illustrations, or the concepts but the actual Book itself!
The long layout floppy paper back is really difficult to get comfortable with.
Call me weird, and kooky if you like but when I settle down to read a book it is in bed at the end of the day or even having a good soak in the bath!
I’ve just made a coffee on a Sunday morning and come back to bed to work through another enlightening chapter, but it’s like wrestling with a limp eel and I spend more concentration on holding the book than reading it and holding coffee and reading at the same time is nigh on impossible!

Whinge over! Books great , but next one please change the format for us slobs

Ta very much
The Pom
I grew up surrounded by fish, flies, and water.
whinging pom

Post by whinging pom »

Paul Arden wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:56 am Have you tried taping a rod handle to the spine?
Wow great thought I could practice the casting actions while I peruse!

(Do you have a spare old Hot torpedo knocking about gathering dust?😉)

Now it’s been called a geek fest by the Author I’m determined to finish it. I was thinking of guillotining the pages ( as they’re double columns) and clipping them back note book style but I’d probably stuff up the order and lose the plot completely.

JB
Single handed is a hard back whoopee. I’ll be searching that down.
Its a shame people are drifting away from books.I prefer reading text on a page rather than a screen it seems to stick better with me, especially when it’s thought provoking.. and I’m certainly finding that.

Anyway I’ll ‘forge’ ahead as suggested and look forward to the happy ending . ( and hopefully some more consistent loops)
Thanks for the reply
All best
Pom
The Duffer of the Brook !

Nothing is Impossible: :???: I do Nothing everyday .
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

Hot Torpedos don’t gather dust :p

You could probably turn pages with a Snake Roll!

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “Flycasting”