PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Practice line recommendations?

Moderators: Paul Arden, stesiik

Mangrove Cuckoo

Post by Mangrove Cuckoo » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:03 am

Hey folks,

I need to replace my "just for fun" line. I've used SA XXDs, MEDs and this last one is an barstool "Rangefinder" (I think). I kinda like the barstool (bright green head color) but I get the feeling its not a popular brand here on SL. I also have seen that y'all like Barrio, but I don't know how to get them here in the US?

This line will likely never touch water. I have a grass lawn in a park directly behind my house and I make use of it a few times a week. I think I want the longest head I can find... this barstool is around 60 feet and I carry that easily, same for the MED. Does the Barrio have a longer head? Are there other options?

I know many of you get your lines at no cost, and I most likely will get a discount, but I'd prefer to get your opinions on lines you would use if you had to pay for them. Hopefully I can get more than a year out of it too.

Thanks
"Technique is the proof of your seriousness"

Wallace Stevens

Michal Duzynski

Post by Michal Duzynski » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:25 am

Hi mate
Barrio GT125 is all you need in this case. tot. lenght 125 feet ,head lenght 73feet. Great to shape loops, mends, and spey casts even on the grass, and for distance casting as well.It cost 25£
I know Mike Barrio ships it internationaly, if you order it get yourself 3 ,and be patient as the shipping might take some time, but once it gets to you you qill be very happy
http://www.flylineshop.com/barrio-gt125.html
If its never goig to touch te water ,make sure it touches some line dressing every 20-30 min. Its just to keep it slick, when you cast a lot on the grass.
Getting a year of casting out of it on the grass- if you take care of it after each session why not?
cheers
mike

Bernd Ziesche

Post by Bernd Ziesche » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:18 am

Michal Duzynski wrote: Barrio GT125 is all you need in this case.
Agree :cool:
Great line for sure.
Cheers
Bernd
http://www.first-cast.de
The first cast is always the best cast.

Return to “Flycasting”