PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

definitions of bonkerspey and rod anchor potential

Moderator: Lee Cummings

Michael Rebholz
Answers: 0

Post by Michael Rebholz »

Hi all,

For the ones who are interested in Bonkerspey

here s a new video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGMYwwgdj3A&t=28s

cheers and tight lines

Michael
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

Hi Michael,

Yes I absolutely agree that many take fly casting and fly fishing too seriously. And possibly life too!

I’ll keep playing with this. Currently I don’t have the same control over anchor positioning as I do without the “rod anchor” move.

My use for this is with the lumi-line. I’ll bring one when we meet!

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Michael Rebholz

Post by Michael Rebholz »

cheers paul,

i m 100 % percent convinced you ll love this and also that it can be used for jungle tactics....i m working on it :D

there s long nights in the winter in ireland - a lumiline could indeed be an interesting tool to play with. Practice in darkness is fantastic anyway. very groovy.

cheers and tight lines
Michael
Morsie

Re: definitions of bonkerspey and rod anchor potential

Post by Morsie »

So how did this meeting go Paul, is this guy a full deck of cards, is he a sausage short of a good BBQ? He has been harassing the hell out of me in a most unpleasant way.
Make your explanations as simple as possible, but no simpler. A Einstein.
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

I got on really well with him mate. We had a fun day casting, fishing and talking about fishing and casting. He’s a totally nice guy and no madder than any other fly fisherman I’ve met (in fact considerably less mad than one or two I can think of).

But I would never discuss anything with him on FB. For me that is bewildering and achieves nothing positive. I just look at the bigger picture on that, you know I’ve been moderating the Board for a very long time, longer than FB has even existed, sometimes I’ve done it well and sometimes badly, but I’ve always tried to learn as I go. You once said “sometimes it’s best to step around that shit”. I can’t remember what we were discussing at the time but that comment stuck with me :D

There are people who definitely see Sexyloops as the big guy. And they try to start a fight, probably for self promotion. And the moment I pick up the gun they win. That’s one reason why I largely avoid FB. I post SL pages and the occasional photo because the FB algorithm places photos higher on the “what to show” on newsfeeds. Apart from that I put nothing out there nowadays. It’s too bitter, fucked up and largely unmoderated. You can’t win. And that is the future IMO of Facebook.

So I do what Morsie recommends and “step around that shit” :cool:

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
Morsie

Post by Morsie »

Thank you Paul, exactly what I have done.

Morsie.
Morsie

Post by Morsie »

I did however suggest that he bring his theories across to Sexyloops if he wanted to continue the conversation..........
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

He’s very welcome to and in fact has done so. I asked what word Michael would suggest to replace “loop”. Wave obviously didn’t cut it. For me it’s just a word and I’m not going to lose any sleep. You can call it a banana for all I care!

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “Flycasting - 2 handed”