PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

VLoops

Moderator: Lee Cummings

Morsie

Re: VLoops

Post by Morsie » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:45 am

Its not a 65 ft hd. It's @ 65 ft. So leader (13ft) plus line (38ft), plus rod (14ft), and I like to run with a minimum of 3ft of overhang, so plenty of margin. I'm getting on top of it, had a good session today. Put more "slope" into the tip path and focused on getting this anchor placement first, rather than focusing on loop shape.

springer

Post by springer » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:58 am

Morsie wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:45 am
Its not a 65 ft hd. It's @ 65 ft. So leader (13ft) plus line (38ft), plus rod (14ft), and I like to run with a minimum of 3ft of overhang, so plenty of margin. I'm getting on top of it, had a good session today. Put more "slope" into the tip path and focused on getting this anchor placement first, rather than focusing on loop shape.
Ok that makes more sense, good luck. :)

Morsie

Post by Morsie » Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:11 am

Cheers mate, plenty of time with the current lockdown and I have a lake 5 minutes away. Part of the problem was pointed out to me be by a local fellow MCI and that's a little slack at the beginning due to the stillwater. Nothing quite like the line tension that flow gives you.

carlz

Post by carlz » Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:30 pm

Morsie wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:11 am
Part of the problem was pointed out to me be by a local fellow MCI and that's a little slack at the beginning due to the stillwater. Nothing quite like the line tension that flow gives you.
This is a golden nugget of information. It should be obvious, but having someone state it so clearly might make it stick in my head.

I'm just starting to work on two and casting but making a repeatable dloop is my main area of focus. This thread has been really helpful.

Morsie

Post by Morsie » Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:55 am

I'm using body shift to eliminate that slack before I do anything else Carlz. I realised I'd developed a habit (from teaching) of separating the lift and whichever move comes afterwards, in order to set the pattern of "lift first" for my students. Robert Gillespie's incline exercise is absolutely gold in this process.

Return to “Flycasting - 2 handed”