PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Rod born anchor casting AKA Bonkerspey

Moderator: Lee Cummings

Michael Rebholz
Answers: 0

Post by Michael Rebholz »

here is the last video i made about it on utube, finally managed to upload ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WiWT8iUYJo&t=18s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WiWT8iUYJo&t=18s

thanks for watching
michael
Bernd Ziesche

Post by Bernd Ziesche »

Michael Rebholz wrote: they have their anchors many a times in front o f them too - and i was advised by one of them not too pay too much attention about anchor direction as long as there is enough mass behind the rod tip (as aitor coteron said the other day) so well it works obviously also with the anchor not always perfectly aligned too.
Hi Michael,
no doubt having as much line mass behind the tip (can be improved by length of upper part in the D and taper) will make for best distance. Besides that I find anchors being perfectly flat and aligned to be the sexiest one in fishing. Tournament casting is a bit of a different game, if one wants to hit the longest cast no matter what.

I remember Alejandro and Aitor playing with crashed anchor last time I joined them. We all agreed to still have proper casts with crashed anchors. The most important is to not get too much backwards slip on the anchor.

Nice vids again.
Regards
Bernd
http://www.first-cast.de
The first cast is always the best cast.
Michael Rebholz

yes bernd,
I agree on the crumbled anchors, i have a good friend who makes perfect casts with them all the time.
I think if the forward casting stroke is long and powerfull enough it just staightens the anchor and delivers.

straight anchors are sexier, no doubt and with a crumbled anchor you need to put in more enery to make up for it.
with clean anchors you can cast with less effort.

I was playing also a little bit bit with what paul calls air consistent anchors. They do work as well to a certain limit and they re kinda funky because they dont seem to stick very well to the "rules" - and i like that.

this is some progressive casting craic going down here - looking forward to find out more

Tight lines lads

Michael
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

When I took my first instructor exams in ‘96 not only were crashed anchors common but actually were often taught that way! I love the aerielised stuff. When Piffen is over I’ll try to make some videos of some of the aerielised Snaps I use. I had one evening having a bit of a play with the “rod borne” stuff. It’s quite funky with the lumi-line.

Thanks,
Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Michael Rebholz

cheers Paul,

very happy to hear u giving it a funky try.
keep me posted pls on how you re getting on with it.

Return to “Flycasting - 2 handed”