PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Scandi cast - downstream wind?

Moderator: Lee Cummings

Morsie
Answers: 0

Post by Morsie »

I have watched a few Scandi demos live and on Youtube, but no one has explained what they do when there's a downstream wind. Is the Snake roll the only option? Surely after spending so much time bagging other forms of Spey casting they don't stoop to using a double Spey? Or do they not go fishing when there's a downstream wind?
Make your explanations as simple as possible, but no simpler. A Einstein.
Viking Lars

Post by Viking Lars »

It's only a spey-cast, so "we" do what everyone else does in a downstream wind. We sit on the bank and drink beer - we all do it - admit it :-).

Well, no of course not. I'm not sure which demos (and by whom) you've seen, but I've never heard that casting a scandi setup would solve any problems concerning a downstream wind (I'm assuming you're addressing casting with a downstream wind on the true left bank).

I can't speak for the rest of Scandinavia, by personally I either go left-hand-up or use a Double Spey.

Lars
Morsie

Post by Morsie »

Cheers Lars, good to hear, its been baffling me because all the demos just talk about Single Spey style Scandi casts and I was just wondering...........
Make your explanations as simple as possible, but no simpler. A Einstein.

Return to “Flycasting - 2 handed”