PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

morphing spey anchors

Moderator: Lee Cummings

Michael Rebholz
Answers: 0

morphing spey anchors

Post by Michael Rebholz »

hi folks,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSc40p-CIGQ

playing with spey anchors single spey, reverse snake roll, RBA anchors, then lifting them into "air consistency" or whatever we re gonna call this stuff here.

cheers and tight lines

Michael
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

morphing spey anchors

Post by Paul Arden »

Nice. I'll try uploading a video next week. I have a variation I've been meaning to upload.

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Michael Rebholz

morphing spey anchors

Post by Michael Rebholz »

cheers paul,

seems kinda hard enough to shoot good footage of casting, especially when alone.

tight lines
Paul Arden
Site Admin

morphing spey anchors

Post by Paul Arden »

It's incredibly difficult, Michael. Just seeing the flyline is an enormous challenge. Often you can see it in unedited format but then youtube or vimeo makes it disappear. Our original APP files are enormous, but reduce the resolution and the line has gone. Often the line is only one pixel.

I have a glow in the dark line, that is tremendous fun, very funky, but doesn't come out on camera at all. Such as shame because it's incredible to watch the loops and to see no background distractions!

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
Paul Arden
Site Admin

morphing spey anchors

Post by Paul Arden »

Incidentally which part of Ireland are you? I'll be in Roundstone (Corrib) for a mate's wedding in September. It would be great to meet, have a cast and maybe a fish! We will try to have a week in Ireland. I'm sure the wedding will be a bit mad :)

Funny story about that. Last Spring Ronan invited me to his wedding in Ireland and I accepted of course. Come August I was just about to fly back to Europe and I get a message from Ronan asking me how I am and what I'm up to. I tell him I'm just about to fly to Heathrow. He says, that's interesting; he's just about to fly back to NZ and we will pass each other on the way! I said, "Hang on - what about the wedding?' He says, "Oh that's next year!"

Who the hell gives a wedding invitation 18 months in advance? :p

Flycasting Definitions
Lasse Karlsson

morphing spey anchors

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

Paul Arden wrote:
Who the hell gives a wedding invitation 18 months in advance? :p
Someone who knows you well :D
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Flycasting, so simple that instructors need to make it complicated since 1685

Got a Q++ at casting school, wearing shorts ;)

Return to “Flycasting - 2 handed”