PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Rice Bubble cast, Snap, Crack, and Pop

Moderator: Lee Cummings

Graeme H
Answers: 0

Re: Rice Bubble cast, Snap, Crack, and Pop

Post by Graeme H »

Embed the red? Or the cast? ;)

Great to hear Morsie.
FFi CCI
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

Being able to watch the line end is so important I think it’s absolutely worth modifying whatever you are doing in able to facilitate this. Even if it means yoga :D

Great to hear that the problem is solved Morsie! I love playing with the Speys. I particularly like messing around with aerielised Snaps and Snakes. I learned to make all of the “anchors” fully aerielised from a clifftop near the Waiau in NZ with the lumiline after dark. I know that’s maybe a little bit unconventional but I really feel it’s given me something that I wouldn’t have found just by repeating the standard set casts.

You suddenly find you have a lot more time when you can pull any configuration out of the air and set a nice anchor.

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Morsie
Answers: 0

Post by Morsie »

Paul I mostly agree but I think the biggest issue I had (have) was rolling the shoulders, and I suspect this came about through trying to watch the DLoop. Not all watching is good if it generates a fault. Fortunately we have filming these days which can replace the watching that leads to problems.
Make your explanations as simple as possible, but no simpler. A Einstein.

Return to “Flycasting - 2 handed”